Position: MIT/Shop Manager Be the happiest part of people’s day In our San Francisco Market!
Salt & Straw is about more than just ice cream…we are striving to be the happiest part of people’s day, and this starts with our team.
We make taste-provoking ice cream by hand, in small batches that incorporates a cast of local chefs, cheesemongers, chocolatiers, brewers, roasters and more to make our product unique to each of our markets.
We are thrilled to be nominated one of the top ice cream companies in the country by the Food Network!
Besides being known for our delicious ice cream, we are also known for our shops being filled with the most passionate, most knowledgeable, and most welcoming team when it comes to providing out-of-this-world service.
As a manager in training, you play an important role in taking care of our customers and help make our shop a great place to work, visit and partner with.
Our Managers bring our values to life for our team and our customers.
This means leading by example & helping our entire team surprise and delight our customers by practicing legendary hospitality.
Position Summary: Our Shop Managers/ Managers in Training are the heartbeat of our company and we are looking for leaders who want to bring our company values and culture to life by serving their team and our communities.
Over the course of a 2 month program between in shop experiences and classroom training, our MITs will learn our culture, mission and values in depth in order to understand and practice our processes proficiently.
After completion, MITs are set up for success to be placed as the Shop Manager when promotional opportunities become available.
Salt & Straw is a rapidly growing company and we are frequently adding opportunities.
This is a fast-paced & high volume service environment where our Managers are expected to create a strong culture of hospitality by leading the shift on-the-floor during peak times.
Key Responsibilities: * Make our shops the best place to work by developing, recruiting and retaining our shop team
* Make sure our team has what they need to succeed by keeping shops at 100% operational capacity at all times
* Ensure every scoop and product that leaves our shop exceeds our quality standards and inspires our team to be food safety and product quality advocates
* Create a culture of service and hospitality that inspires our team to take care of each other and brings company values, culture & communication to life
* Drive your business to beat your annual strategic and financial goals while delivering our brand experience and owning full P&L responsibility
* Create community at our shops by creating & maintaining important shop & neighborhood relationships and identifying ways to be better stewards of the neighborhood and community goalsQualifications:
* 1+ years experience managing a team in a retail location
* 2+ years of food service experience preferred
* Able and willing to work at any shops within the market
* Be available for after-hour emergencies
* Flexibility to work full-time including days, evenings, weekends, holidays and summers as needed
* Servant leadership approach to management
We are proud to offer: * Competitive salary and bonus program
* Generous benefits program including life insurance,
* Flexible spending account, * Affordable medical and dental insurance,
* Paid vacation, * Short-term disability insurance,
* Employee assistance program, * Paid maternity/paternity leave (3 months paid leave after 1 year)
* Lots of free ice cream!
Enough of what we think… Hear what our team has to say about working at Salt & Straw:
If this sounds like an environment in which you could thrive, we’d love to hear from you!
To apply please upload your resume and cover letter answering the following questions:
* Why do you think you would be a great fit for this position?
* Why does hospitality mean to you?
Salt & Straw is proud to be an equal opportunity employer of all qualified individuals.
We will consider all people - minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities no matter their sexual orientation or gender identity.
Salt & Straw will consider giving opportunities to qualified individuals with criminal histories when it aligns with federal, state and local statutes.
Location/Region: Palo Alto, CA (94301)