Directly supervises production hourly employees in manufacturing activities of an assigned production area in such a manner that ensures a quality product is produced safely, timely and within budgeted costs expectations; to also be a key contributor to leading and managing change within the plant.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Reviews daily production requirements and Identifies daily challenges to find solutions to prevent reoccurrence and meet production schedules
- Manage Hour by Hour production activities utilizing SQDC (Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost) boards.
- Work with Continuous Improvement Manager on developing and monitoring standardized work for direct reports and adhere to Leader Standard Work.
- Holds daily cell meeting and set expectations for the day and assign’s individuals to audit for key result areas (e.g., quality, safety, scrap)
- Monitors production status hourly, remove bottlenecks and take corrective measures to ensure daily goals are met
- Review flow interrupters that have developed and perform RCCM to identify root cause and actions to minimize or eliminate issues.
- Develops associates to improve/expand skills and bench strength Reviews production schedules and estimate associate hours to complete a job assignment Interprets specifications and job orders for associates and delegate duties
- Recommends measures and changes to improve production, equipment, product quality and working conditions Initiates and/or suggests plans to motivate and enforce safety rules
- Reviews production schedule a day in advance to effectively plan the workforce to maximize on efficiencies.
- Achieve LCPP (Labor Cost Per Piece) to budgeted expectations.
- Achieve OT% to budgeted expectations.
- Successful implementation of SQDC boards process and Lean Daily Rhythms.
- HR x HR tracking of associates performance and overall department performance.
- Factory Associates with their departments assigned.
- Strong interpersonal skills; able to inspire and motivate associates Root cause analysis, problem identification, and resolution skills
- 3-5 years related experience in a supervisory role
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- Strong written and oral communication and conflict resolution skills
- Possess or able to learn Lean manufacturing techniques
WORK PLACE & TRAVEL
- CA and will travel to PA Plant
There are those who live life without compromise. In pursuit of precision, they dedicate years to honing their craft. We are all born with certain talents. But it takes a lifetime of work to be a master.
E.S. Kluft craftsmanship sets the master standard for the luxury sleep experience.
Location/Region: Rancho Cucamonga, CA