Job Location: Cary, NC
Role Value Proposition:
The Senior Project Lead is accountable for supporting delivery of full value realization of large, strategic MetLife initiatives through day-to-day project and program management. This role is responsible for helping to navigate large programs from the planning phase where the business case is approved and funding is secured through implementation and closure where the business benefits are delivered. Throughout this journey, the Senior Project Lead will leverage their background in program management and business consulting to address obstacles that impact the successful implementation of the business objectives. The Senior Project Lead works to facilitate key stakeholders working together on shared deliverables and ensure that the sponsors and senior management are constantly informed of the initiative’s progress to plan.
- Supports program manager in leading program to full value realization by strategically understanding and tactically delivering the program benefits, budget and timeline; and demonstrates management rigor, data-driven decision-making and a spirit of continuous improvement by implementing a practical yet robust program governance framework focused on value delivery through leadership, analysis and insights
- Manages multiple initiatives or workstreams at a time (on average 10-20 per program) and multiple teams across departments or corporate functions (on average 5-10 per program) and communicates with program manager and functional area managers regarding status of specific programs
- Determines and documents project scope and deliverables based on requirements supplied, ensures timely/accurate billing and financial control, and oversees the creation of project documentation
- Identifies key risks/issues and escalates issues as needed, manages project change control, and may assist in conducting quality management reviews relative to program delivery and program management
- Exercises good judgment and always demonstrates high degree of professionalism, while exhibiting ability to change gears quickly and maintain a positive attitude in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment.
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- BS/BA degree and a minimum of 6 years of business consulting or project management experience, with at least 2+years in the role of managing projects.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, facilitation and presentation skills.
- Very familiar with project management concepts, practices, processes and tools. In addition to, exceptional, analytical, communication, prioritization, and program management skills.
- Strong leadership qualities, interpersonal skills and team orientation needed to build partnerships and work successfully with Business and IT teams.
- Advanced Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint. In addition to, experience with SharePoint or other organizational collaboration platform.
- Management consulting experience.
- Active or seeking Project Management Professional (PMP) certification.
- Deep understanding of business processes, project management methodologies, and leading practices.
- Experience with portfolio, program and project management, and transformational change.
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.”
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
Requisition #: 111329
Location/Region: Cary, NC