- Are you a Software Developer who wants to make an impact on both a business and the people it services?
- Does working with a team of the regions most highly talented software technologist sound engaging?
- Are you looking for the challenge, build software products, and see the impact of your work?
An Element6 featured client is a highly respected and deeply-established industry leader in the FinTech space and located right here in Milwaukee, and is actively looking for the fresh perspective and diverse thinking from outside intellectual capital by on-boarding a Software Development Consultant to bring their experiences and ideas to the table by joining their highly talented Applications Development team! Our client is a staple in the Milwaukee business community, both widely-recognized and highly regarded as an industry leader nationally and well known as a top workplace both for business professionals and as a coveted employment destination for technologists.
Technical Profile Needed:
- .NET Framework with preference for experience writing/using web services
- Preferred: C#, T-SQL, Web API, SSIS
- Strong SQL skills
- Experience with Test-Driven Development
- Exposure to Entity Framework or other ORM
Qualities needed for any of these roles:
- A great communicator who wants to work in a team environment, comfortable performing pair programming
- Analytical – not afraid to dive into complex code and data to troubleshoot issues
- Creative problem solver who is automation focused – our goal is to better automate or teach/train users for self-service, instead of work coming back and disrupting proactive workflow
- Motivated by wins and process improvement
- Comfortable working in an agile environment. Prefer experience working in agile
Benefits of working as a consultant in this position:
- Long-term contract with potential for extended renewals
- Team-focused environment! We treat our consultants as part of the team.
- Rich developer community with lunch & learns on best practices.
- Focus on software artisanship.
- A DevOps culture. We use automated deployment and are constantly looking to improve in the DevOps space. Our DBAs/App Admins are part of our collaboration.
- Agile/lean practices with a diversity of projects
Duration and commitment to consultants:
This is a long-term consulting engagement going through the remainder of this year and with the high probability of either converting full-time or extending annually, based on the discretion of the individual. The organization is remarkable financially stable and the business is committed to technology, while consultants are regarded as full members of the team.
Why the Need?
Having championed Agile regionally early, the now well established, highly evolved, and mature collaborative environment has continually produced incredible results for their business and customers, the business recognizes owing a good deal of their expansion, growth, and over-arching success over the past decade+ to their commitment to technical innovation and software product produced by the talents and methodology of the technical team. Continuing to build on this foundation of trust and respect with the business, they are even more committed to pushing forward software builds and iteration cycles to advance capabilities further. To achieve current initiatives, their technical project roadmap for 2019 includes projects across virtually every line of business. For that, they are actively looking to bring in outside intellectual capital in-house by adding Software Development Consultants to the team in downtown Milwaukee.
Come join us! Start the conversation by submitting your resume today!