The Safety Officer is responsible for monitoring the entrance to the Homeless Assistance Center while assisting in meeting the needs of clients, guests and staff. Daily tasks include general oversight and monitoring of the front entrance, parking lot, and cameras. The Safety Officer manages access to the Agency, enforcing compliance with Agency’s safety protocols and encouraging clients to engage in behaviors and activities that meet the expectations outlined in the Client Handbook. The Safety Officer understands that Broward County operates a Housing First model and that all clients’ experience with homelessness should be rare, brief, and non-recurring.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITES:
1. Greets all clients, staff, and visitors as they approach the security desk, in order to maintain a hospitable, friendly, and safe front entrance.
2. Provides general supervision and oversight of the HAC, ensuring safety and security is maintained at all times.
3. Manages developing situations and alerts appropriate staff.
4. Enforces safety protocols with clients and encourages clients to maintain compliance with program expectations; takes appropriate action when necessary.
5. Monitors the entrance and exit of clients, employees, and guests from the HAC consistent with established protocols, polices, and procedures.
6. Inspects client’s personal items and ensures that prohibited items are not brought onto the campus.
7. Monitors the locked storage areas where clients’ belongings are stored, including appropriately labeling all items, ensuring the safety and security of stored items, and ensuring that retrieval of items is appropriate.
8. Monitors client behaviors and documents in the agency’s electronic health records system following approved documentation standards.
9. Alerts the appropriate staff when visitors arrive and ensures visitors are given appropriate ID and/or escort.
10. Maintains daily activity staff logs and prepares and submits appropriate documentation.
11. Monitors video surveillance system to ensure the safety and security of the Agency and contacts the appropriate personnel when necessary.
12. Oversees parking area and ensures compliance.
13. Accepts donations and appropriately completes documentation.
14. Coordinates and ensures shift coverage. Reviews and submits payroll timesheets on a bi-weekly basis.
15. All job requirements listed indicate the minimum level of knowledge, skill, and or ability deemed necessary to perform the job proficiently. This job description is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements. Employees will be responsible to perform any other job-related instructions/tasks given by their supervisor, subject to reasonable accommodations.
Education/Experience: A high school diploma or GED is required and one year experience in security or related field is preferred. Must have a valid Florida Driver’s License.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Safety Officer mainly works outside in all weather conditions and may be colder or hotter than normal office settings. The noise level may be higher than normal due to running vehicle engines and traffic. In addition, the position is active in the community as situations warrant, representing Broward Partnership.
Broward Partnership is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer. Our policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
We participate in E-verify.