We are currently seeking a Recycle sorter lead with a sense of ownership that displays grit in their work to join our team. Ensuring consistency, performance, and accuracy of the leadman responsibility’s. Critical thinking strategy’s, Analytical thinking strategy’s, recovery sorting, and packaging.
Reports to: Plant Manager
Hours/ Salary Range: Full-time; $15.00-$17.00 / per hour
Work Condition: Recycle Facility Lead
The Lead recycle sorter is responsible for ensuring that the duties and tasks in the departments are completed effectively and efficiently. The Recycle lead is making sure everybody is doing their part respect to productivity, meeting KPIs, and ensuring proper internal and external customer requirements.
Functions and Responsibilities
- Ensure compliance to company safety and HACCP programs
- Perform sanitation
- Conduct required shift briefings as per company guidelines
- Ensure proper operations of the machines, sterilizers, compactor, recycle, and regulated garbage areas
- Provide training to new and existing employees
- Maintain records of areas that are being sorted, corrective action and safety
- Activities on Recycling sorting areas, including disassembly, clean, sanitize and packaging
- Develop improvement opportunities in line with Recycling industry standards
Qualifications and Educational Requirements
- 1-2 years leadman experience, preferably in the Recycle industry
- High School Graduate (or Equivalent).
- Strong Recycle facility Safety background preferred.
- Must be able to lift 30+ lbs.
- Ability to communicate within all levels of the organization
- Spanish language skills preferred
- Action oriented, flexible and able to prioritize workload
- Team player, personable, and responsible
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Flexible with work schedule and hours
- Must pass background and E-verify process
- Must pass drug screen
FasTemps is a staffing firm which has been meeting the staffing needs of a variety of businesses since 1997. FasTemps has proudly served as Strategic Supplier for Temporary Staffing Services to the University of Michigan since 2001.
Location/Region: Santa Fe Springs, CA