We are seeking a Shop Foreman to join our team! You will oversee the activities of a team of production workers.
Job Summary: The Shop Foreman oversees the daily work and productivity of the TTC shop technicians,
technician assistants and other TTC shop team members. Ensures that all team members are consistently
performing the very best work that exceeds TTC customer expectations. The Shop Foreman maintains a
positive team environment in the shop while ensuring that all TTC shop work and safety procedures are
consistently followed. Assists in diagnosing and completing repairs, coaching and overseeing the duties
performed by mechanics, technicians and technician assistants to meet the company standards for shop safety,
productivity and customer service.
• Prioritizes and assigns work to the shop team to meet customers needs.
• Ensures quality of all work performed by all team members in the shop.
• Ensures shop compliance with all applicable regulatory standards.
• Assists the shop manager with control repair, inventory, and labor costs.
• Assists shop management assuring a clean and safe working environment.
- Schedules and audits vehicle maintenance repairs when required.
- Coordinates preventative maintenance, mechanical and electrical repairs to tractors, yard dogs, trucks and trailers.
- Coaches and oversees the duties performed by the technicians and technician assistants.
- Assists the hiring manager with the hiring, training, and ongoing development of technicians, technician assistants and mechanics to ensure that our highly skilled workforce is able to meet customer expectations
- Ensures continuous education with all technicians to increase industry certifications and the highest level of competence.
- Monitors team member work quantity and quality
- Effectively coaches team members on productivity and behavioral performance issues through positive reinforcement and coaching
- Supports the Shop Manager in supporting individual team member performance through the performance improvement and disciplinary action process as required.
- Complies with OSHA regulations and shop health safety standards by wearing prescribed PPE’s (personal protective equipment). Adheres to all company policies, procedures, management directives and performance objectives.
- Maintains a safe and clean work environment to optimize effective job performance and customer service.
- Enhances the shop operations and the company’s reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests as well as exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical and regulation publications.
- Keeps shop equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
- Maintains a professional and collaborative relationship with all customers, TTC team members and management.
- Completes other duties and tasks as required by the shop manager and/or company management.
- 3+ years in fleet vehicle maintenance experience overseeing technicians.
- 3+ years of team management in a truck shop environment.
- 3-5 years fleet maintenance management experience preferred, or at least 3 years of team leading experience in a shop environment.
- Ability and desire to work in a positive, fast paced and high energy environment.
- Strong customer service and organizational skills required.
- Basic proficiency with computers including Microsoft Office and web based applications preferred.
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member
to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Candidate must pass a pre-employment physical and drug screen.
• This position requires a team member to: read; effectively communicate verbally and/or in written form;
remember and analyze information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
• While performing the duties of this job, the team member may be required to stand, walk, and sit. This
position frequently requires the use of hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms.
The team member must be able to occasionally lift and/or move items up to 75lbs.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception and the ability to adjust focus.
High School Diploma or equivalent required
Field related Associates, Tech School or field related degree preferred
Valid Driver's License required
Progress reports at 30 and 60 days with a review by management at 90 days.
“Our company is a nationwide leader in transportation logistics, technology and innovation. But at heart, we are a family of professionals who share these basic, simple attributes:
We’re faith based. We’re team driven. We’re service-minded with a servant heart. We’re hard-working but love to play hard too. Most of all, we’re not afraid to ask to be blessed, so that we may be a blessing to others in all we do.”
— Greg Syfan, President