Brand: Estée Lauder Companies
Job: Strategy / Business Development
Primary Location: Americas-US-NY-New York
Job Type: Standard
Shift: 1st (Day) Shift
Job Number: 1911261
We are the global leader in prestige beauty — delighting consumers with transformative products and experiences, inspiring them to express their individual beauty. We are the only company focused solely on prestige makeup, skin care, fragrance and hair care with a diverse portfolio of 25+ brands sold in 150 countries. Infused throughout our organization is a passion for creativity and innovation — a desire to push the boundaries and invent the unexpected — as we continue the bold work of our founder Estée Lauder.
About Global Corporate Citizenship and Sustainability (GCCS):
The Executive Director, Sustainability is responsible for developing, executing, managing and measuring key sustainability programs at the Company.
The ideal candidate will have worked in a multi-branded retail company and/or another industry with a high-profile consumer brand. The individual will be able to demonstrate experience with reputation building, creativity and innovation in the sustainability area.
• Lead the ELC Sustainability metric program that will activate and measure our performance against goals and commitments.
• Direct our efforts to achieve public facing sustainability goals e.g. Green Chemistry, Sustainable Packaging, Responsible sourcing, Green Buildings, GHG, waste, water etc.
• Coordinate the development of score cards and dashboards to drive sustainability performance for our brands, regions and functions.
• Direct our regional sustainability efforts working with our global team in EMEA, LATAM and AsPAC. Ensure sustainability programs are being executed, run regional team meetings, keep a pulse on key sustainability issues in the region. Coordinate responses to key regional stakeholders like government, NGOs and customers.
• Collaborate with internal business leads, including senior leadership, and external stakeholder groups to achieve key sustainability goals; develop strong relationships and partnerships.
• Maintain understanding of leading trends and changes in sustainability, corporate social responsibility, brand purpose and overall sustainability landscape, including regulatory issues.
• Work closely with our brands and legal department to develop systems to manage data and enable sustainability claims and use of eco-labels.
• Establish and ensure adherence to budgets, schedules, work plans and performance requirements.
• Provide written sustainability subject matter expertise to support communications related to our sustainability program, goals and related matters.
• Manage metrics and reporting on key performance indicators.
• Bachelor’s degree in environmental science, management, sustainability required; masters’ degree preferred
• 12+ years of relevant professional experience from a top-tier consulting firm, or a CSR/sustainability, or similar role in the private sector. Experience in consumner goods, luxury and/ or fashion is a plus.
• Deep knowledge of the social and environmental issues and NGO & regulatory landscape
• Experience with stakeholder engagement with key groups including but not limited to: employees, consumers, communities, NGOs, government officials and other individuals/entities of influence
• Outstanding writing and presentation development skills
• Confidence to counsel company leaders on sustainability initiatives and strategy
• Exceptional organizational skills; ability to manage several projects at once, even while away from the office
• Experience communicating and marketing sustainability efforts
• Experience with sustainability reporting efforts
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.