Job ID 86568 Full / Part Time: Part-Time
Location: Baystate Medical Center
Regular/Temporary: RegularAbout Baystate Health
Baystate Health, a leading not-for-profit integrated health system, is transforming the delivery of health care to the communities it serves. Baystate Health (BH) is one of New England’s leading and largest integrated healthcare systems, serving more than 800,000 people throughout Western Massachusetts. With about 12,000 employees, a 3,100-member medical staff, and net patient service revenue of more than $2.5 billion, this dynamic and growing system includes an academic medical center, a children’s hospital and three community hospitals. It also includes a large multispecialty group, (Baystate Medical Practices), Baystate Home Health, Baystate Reference Laboratories, and Health New England, a 160,000-member health insurance company.
Baystate Health is seeking a Financial Counselor for a full time position.
Key Features offered by Baystate Health:
- Full medical benefits, dental and vision
- 403b and other Retirement options available
- Tuition reimbursement
- Career advancement
- Competitive salary rates within the Western Mass region
Under the direction of the Financial Counselor Supervisor and Manager a Financial Counselor will provide services to uninsured and underinsured patients in assigned inpatient and outpatient settings. What you will do:
- Secure sponsorship for uninsured and underinsured patients by screening patients for eligibility for a variety of grant and government sponsored programs.
- Identify and counsel Medicare patients without secondary insurance as well as assist with applications for supplemental coverage and ensure all billing information has been obtained for liability cases and newborn coverage.
- Assist patients in completing MassHealth, DDU, and BHS Financial Assistance applications and help approved patients in selecting a plan and denied patients in redetermination efforts.
- Correct and update patient and guarantor demographic, financial, and insurance information in appropriate systems.
- Collaborate with case managers, social workers, and nursing units on various eligibility requirements and patient benefits to obtain the most comprehensive coverage and sponsorship possible.
What you will need:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required. Associate’s Degree preferred.
- Must be proficient in all Financial Counseling level II activities.
- Typing of 25 wpm required.
- May underfill as a Financial Counselor I - Customer Service experience required.
- Excellent communication skills required.
What you need to know:
- Hours: This position is part time (20 hours weekly), day time, Monday through Friday, with rotating weekends required.
- Location: This position is located in Springfield, MA. Requires rotation between the health centers and the main campus.
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Location/Region: Springfield, MA