A flexible packaging manufacturer is seeking to fill the position of a Pressman at its Elmhurst facility. The candidate will operate a W&H color press to produce printed rolls of film according to the company and customer qualifications and quality standards.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Full responsibility for the complete operation and production of the press.
• Responsible for the safe operation of equipment and safety of press personnel.
• Responsible for the direction and performance of the helper.
• Responsible for the training of the helper.
• Responsible for maintaining a high level of efficiency with regards to printed product.
• Maintain the cleanliness of the press and press area at all times.
• Compliance to all company policies, regulations and procedures is required.
• Perform other duties as directed by supervisor or management.
• Helps ensure all policies for the company and the American Institute of Baking (AIB) are followed.
• 3 years experience
• Technical knowledge of inks, colors, and film properties
• Read and interpret work orders, proofs and spec sheets
• Ability to perform duties punctually
Equal Opportunity Employer with a generous benefits package that includes health, vision, dental, life/long and short term disability insurance, paid vacation and holidays, 401K, service recognition program, tuition reimbursement.
All candidates are pre-screened with a phone interview and undergo drug testing and background testing through an outside company.
Salary for this position is determined accordingly with candidate’s current salary, experience, and qualifications and may be somewhat flexible based on criteria of ideal candidate.
Bema, Incorporated is a recognized leader and innovator in the flexographic printing and flexible package manufacturing industry.