Connecticut Materials Testing Lab, Inc.
Field Inspection Technician
Looking for a high school graduate to work as field technician for a materials testing company in Connecticut/New York area. THIS IS NOT A MEDICAL LAB> We are NOT looking for medical techs.
- Perform soil, concrete, and masonry inspections as per ASTM at Client locations.
- Read construction plans, specifications, and designs.
- Prepare reports.
Duties to include:
- representing each project owner's best interests by inspecting & testing accurately, meeting deadlines, communicating issues/problems quickly and reporting the data in a timely manner.
- Able to work well on a Construction site,
-Travels to and from job sites, travel is reimbursed
- Conducts Field work involving collecting soil or concrete samples, testing concrete, evaluating and reporting,
- Reads construction blueprints and interprets where inspections are required,
- Documents results of tests & inspections for reports accurately,
- Able to learn the NVLAP/AASHTO preparation process ensuring all proper documentation, and submission of correct, accurate paperwork.
-Willing to work hard, Detail orientation, Driver's license and good driving record, Car needed.
-ACI Certification preferred.
We are looking for good communication skills, initiative, and high energy.
Position available Immediately
-Great benefits: travel reimbursement, medical, IRA after a year, bonuses, and others available.
-Great growth potential. Training provided
Only sincere interested parties to apply.
- Experience Preferred, related experience and certification is a plus.
- Preferred certifications: ACI, NETTCP, ATSSA, AWS/CWI, NACE/SSPC.
- Must understand & be able to read blueprints
- Willing to be trained.
- MUST have a valid driver’s license.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster. Equal employment Opportunity.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $14.00 to $20.00 /hour
Our company has been in business for over 17 years. It strives for integrity, honesty and collaboration on all construction projects, helping to ensure the projects are well built, on time and to budget. We do not inspect and walk away. We help make the building process more effective and problem solve when necessary. We are looking for reliable, hard working people who can do the job, seek help when necessary, and make sure the work gets done to our quality standards.