Answer Financial, an Allstate company, is one of the largest online auto & home insurance agencies in the U.S., with sales centers in Encino, CA, and Knoxville, TN. Answer Financial insures over 2.4 million vehicles and homes and provides insurance shoppers in all 50 states the ability to compare insurance offerings from some of the more than 20 top-rated insurers that Answer Financial represents. Answer Financial is driven by innovation and technology, and focused on delivering great value to thousands of customers every day. Answer Financial pioneered real-time online insurance quotes comparison, and continues to aggressively innovate and expand into new technologies and exciting product offerings to better serve our customers. Answer Financial offers a fast-paced, high energy work environment, dedicated to challenging its associates with varied responsibilities and the opportunity to learn new skills.
The ideal candidate should have a good understanding of existing Microsoft Windows server, storage, Azure, Office 365 and virtualization technologies. He/She will be self-motivated to stay abreast of server, storage and virtualization technology trends, and bring insights on how related technologies could be used to enhance Answer Financial. This individual will participate in the weekly on-call rotation for server-related issues (roughly 10 weeks per year). This position has responsibilities in our production, QA, development, and training environments. Working closely with other Server Team members on O365, Azure, Windows, Active Directory, storage, virtualization, security, infrastructure components, change management and other tasks/projects, this individual will participate in day-to-day server administration (user accounts, permissions, Help Desk tickets, reports, and security tasks) and after-hours updates/upgrades/maintenance to production servers.
Essential Job Duties/Responsibilities:
- Oversee and manage production, infrastructure, & Dev/Test environments. Including, Windows, AD, Group Policy, DNS, servers, appliances, storage, etc. Participate (on a rotation basis) in production after-hours site-down releases. Support other Server Team responsibilities including virtualization, backups, VDI, and server monitoring.
- Virtualization: Manage, oversee and administer our current VMware infrastructure, including vSphere 6, Virtual Center, and Horizon View.
- Cloud: Administer and/or implement O365 components like; Exchange online, In-Tune, Teams, SharePoint online, OneDrive and Yammer. Support workloads in Azure.
- Security & Compliance: Lead and participate in projects with security best practices in mind. Participate in compliance and security audits. Ensure audit controls are current and accurate. Participate in security projects and tasks.
- Storage: Administer existing storage solutions including NetApp, Pure and Quantum. Assist with administration of existing backup solutions including HP tape libraries and Veeam.
- Participate in code releases and infrastructure deployments (some of which may involve after-hours work).
- Participate in and abide by company security activities, polices, audits, procedures; including SOX and internal audit activities.
- Participate in our change management process for both implementation and enforcement.
- Advanced knowledge of Windows 2012r2/2016/2019 Server administration; experience as an Active Directory domain administrator.
- Experience with server hardware assembly, break/fix, and configuration (HP preferred). Experience with DNS, DHCP, Group Policy, RAID, and TCP/IP networking.
- Experience with Office 365, (Exchange online, In-Tune, Teams, SharePoint online, OneDrive and Yammer) administration & migrations.
- Experience with VMware technologies, including vSphere 6, Horizon View and Virtual Center.
- Experience with storage & backup technologies, including NetApp, Pure, Quantum and Veeam is desired.
- Experience with Powershell & Terraform scripting.
- Experience with Microsoft SCCM server and SolarWinds monitoring tools desired.
- Experience with Microsoft Cluster Server, Microsoft SQL Server and IIS is also desired.
- Strong written and oral communication skills. Attention to detail and good troubleshooting skills.
- At least five years of direct experience is required.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or a related field is desired.
- Technical certifications in Microsoft Windows server or technologies listed in the job duties section are desired.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
Representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of the job. Must be able to operate a PC, other relevant office tools/equipment, sit for extended periods, and/or occasionally stand for extended periods. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We offer you a competitive salary, 1st day benefits, company matched 401(k), and paid time off.
Answer Financial is an equal opportunity employer.
About this company
Answer Financial is a member of the Allstate family of companies and a leading insurance comparison provider. We give consumers a single place to easily compare prices and buy insurance, both online and over the phone with an agent. Our success stems from an innovative, driven team of professionals, and our culture rewards their hard work.
If you’re interested in joining our dynamic team, apply with us today!
Location/Region: Encino, CA