Under the general supervision of the HIM Operations Supervisor, the HIM Documentation Compliance Coordinator is responsible for ensuring the integrity of the Electronic Medical Record (EMR) by auditing, monitoring, measuring, and reporting on documentation created by healthcare providers.
The Documentation Compliance Coordinator compiles feedback for healthcare providers and present information on critical and major errors that have the potential to impact documentation integrity and/or patient care.
This role acts as the key contact for PMC departments to address provider documentation issues and acts as a liaison between the HIM department and the PMC medical staff.
The Documentation Compliance Coordinator identifies physicians who are non-compliant or delinquent with completion of medical records and sends notification to physicians on a daily or weekly basis in accordance with hospital and Medical Staff policies.
- Ensures the integrity of the EMR by monitoring, measuring, and reporting on documentation created by healthcare providers and reviewing content and context. a.
Audits the content and context in various sources of clinical documentation to meet regulatory and accrediting guidelines.
b. Monitors the narrative documentation and discrete clinical data and makes recommendation for EMR enhancements.
- Compiles feedback and education for healthcare providers on critical and major errors that have the potential to impact documentation integrity and/or patient care.
- Acts as the key contact for PMC departments to address provider documentation issues and as a liaison between the HIM and PMC medical staff.
Identifies physicians who are non-compliant or delinquent with completion of medical records and sends notification to physicians on a weekly basis in accordance with hospital and Medical Staff policies.
- Assists with training and/or mentoring of other members of the HIM Department on identifying documentation issues.
- Coordinates work flow of the documentation systems and processes.
- Bachelor's degree required in health information management, informatics or related healthcare technology field.
Master's degree, preferred - Minimum of two (2) to three (3) years progressive experience in HIM, Clinical Documentation Improvement, Coding, Transcription QA, or Clinical Auditing/Review related to HIM.
- Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT), Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA), or Certified Coding Specialist (CCS) credential required.
Eligibility for an AHIMA crednetial may be considered for the right candidate who obtains the credential within one year of hire.
Association for Healthcare Documentation Integrity credentials may also be considered.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
About this company
Within sight of the launch towers of Kennedy Space Center and throughout our 60-year history serving Brevard County, Parrish Medical Center has earned a national reputation as one of America's Finest Healing Environments. With a deep connection and love for the patients and community we have the honor to serve, Parrish Medical Center not only achieves but sustains the highest levels of safe and healing care possible. We do this because of our unwavering commitment to our mission, vision and values:
- Mission: Healing Experiences for Everyone All The Time®.
- Vision: Healing Families—Healing Communities®.
- Values: Safety, Loyalty, Integrity, Compassion, Excellence, Stewardship.
Location/Region: Titusville, FL (32796)