As a Retail Car Sales Representative, you’ll be the face of Avis Budget Group, matching our customers with their dream vehicle like no other dealership can. Why? Because our unique model gives you all the tools to make your job easy, and your clients happy. Our simplified one-price model and our unique Ultimate Test Drive experience helps you close the deal—and did we mention you’ll have a wide range of inventory across all makes and models at your disposal?
As a Fortune 500 company, we provide you with best-in-class benefits including a base salary plus unlimited commission potential with no draw, and training and career pathing in case you want to explore other areas of our business. So, join us if you want to take your career to the next level!
What you’ll do:
- Greet our customers and make them feel at ease by providing the best car- buying experience
- Determine customers’ needs and wants and guide them through their options, showcasing your in-depth industry and vehicle knowledge
- Manage test drives and handle the write up portion of the sales process
- Follow up with existing customers to confirm their satisfaction and generate more leads
- Achieve individual sales goals and customer service goals
What we’re looking for: (may vary by level)
- High school diploma
- At least one year related sales experience
- Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record
- Willingness to travel locally
- Ability to work effectively in a haggle-free, fixed-pricing, high-volume dealership model
Extra points for this:
- Experience in automotive sales and dealership customer service
- Previous finance and warranty background
Skills and abilities you should have:
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Good organizational skills and ability to manage multiple priorities
- Strong understanding of marketing programs, events and promotions
- Comfort with social media to advertise and market offers
- Proficiency with various computer applications including mobile applications
Perks you’ll get:
- Base salary plus unlimited commission potential with no draw
- Clear and defined career paths to pursue
- Access to Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability insurance
- Eligible to elect other voluntary benefits including: Group Legal, Identity Theft, Accident Insurance, FSA, additional life insurance coverages
- Up to $5,500/year tuition reimbursement
- Contribute up to $260 as a tax-free benefit for public transportation or parking expenses
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with company matched contributions
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (eligible after 90 days of service)
- Full training to learn the business and enhance professional skills
- Employee discounts, including discounted prices on the purchase of Avis/Budget cars
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program for services including counseling, financial and legal consultation, referrals for care service and more
Who are we?
Here at Avis Budget Group we're more than just rentals--although over 70 years of experience and 11,000 locations in 180 countries has taught us a thing or two about that. Shaping the future of the mobility industry with our innovative, customer-focused solutions, our globally-recognized brands including Avis, Budget, Budget Truck, and Zipcar connect people to more. This means more convenience, more options, and more time on the road for our customers. But we also connect our employees to more: opportunities, benefits, support, collaboration, and most importantly--power to change the future. Sound your speed? Come join our family.
The fine print:
Avis Budget Group is an equal opportunity employer – M/F/Veterans/Disabled.
Drug screening is a part of our hiring process. This advertisement does not constitute a promise or guarantee of employment. This advertisement describes the general nature and level of this position only. Essential functions and responsibilities may change as business needs require. This position may be with any affiliate of Avis Budget Group.