Position: Family Support Services Worker I Temporary
Location: Allen, Noble & DeKalb County
Starting Salary Range: $10.00 to $12.00
The Family Support Services Worker (FSSWI) is responsible for client intake and eligibility determination for all Brightpoint programs and financial assistance. The primary responsibility of the FSSWI (Temporary) is processing utility assistance mail-in applications and processing face-to-face clients. The main responsibility is to promote a positive, friendly work environment for co-workers, clients, vendors, and the general public. The FSSWI provides referral, outreach, and advocacy services for families.
- Determines eligibility and enrolls families into Brightpoint programs ensuring compliance with program operations, regulations, and standards
- Maintains a minimum standard of quality established by the program regulations and within Brightpoint's established guidelines.
- Collaborates with other Brightpoint departments, programs, and services to ensure maximum benefits to families.
- Implements Brightpoint Values at all times.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills with strong mathematics aptitude.
- Ability to quickly develop a thorough understanding of basic community action concepts and the numerous regulations governing the Energy Assistance and Child Care Development Fund programs.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision; self-motivated, attentive to detail, organized, productive, flexible, and dependable.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends.
- Ability to relate well with diverse personalities from a variety of socio-economic backgrounds.
- Proficient in MS Office applications.
Location/Region: Fort Wayne