Are you looking for immediate work? We are now hiring for Foundry Production Associates. The job duties of Foundry Production Associates vary, sometimes even within the same day. They may include cleaning the work area, operating grinders, machine operations, documenting production, mold preparation, and more as needed. These positions are Monday through Friday with the occasional overtime on Saturdays; typical shift is 6:00am to 2:30pm with the ability to possible start earlier in the day. Overtime is typically voluntary, but must be available if overtime is mandatory due to production needs. On the job training is available for entry level candidates.
- Performs any combination of following tasks in foundry concerned with melting metal, pouring metal into molds, removing castings from molds, dressing castings, moving foundry materials, and cleaning equipment and work areas: Moves sand, castings, flasks, or other materials about foundry by hand, using wheelbarrow or cart, or by loading them onto conveyor.
- Sprays binder on surface of sand molds and dries surface with blowtorch.
- Fits together, clamps, and unclamps on production line.
- Skims slag from surface of molten metal, using scoop.
- Carries or pushes ladles of molten metal on monorail and pours metal into molds.
- Installs and removes steel jackets and bands used to hold snap molds together during casting.
- Place weights on molds to hold them together when filled with molten material.
- Breaks sand mold from finished casting, using bar or hammer.
- Sorts castings into pairs or groups for assembly.
- Pulls reinforcing wires from castings.
- Cleans castings, patterns, and flasks, using wire brush.
- Removes gates, spures, and other projections from castings with grinder.
- Breaks up used sand molds with bar, shovels sand into drying oven and sand-mixing machine, and sifts sand through motor-driven screen for reuse in new molds.
- Breaks up slag, using hammer, and shovels it into buckets for removal to dump.
- Sweeps and cleans work areas.
- Lifting up to 50 lbs regularly, and up to 100 lbs on occasion
- There is no minimal education requirement
- Strong work ethic
- Excellent attendance
- Drug screening
- Good communication
- Must be able to handle physical labor
Location/Region: Menomonie, WI