Gallery Guard (Part-time)
The Cleveland Museum of Art’s Protection Services department has part-time opportunities for customer service oriented Gallery Guards. The Gallery Guard provides assistance and simple directions to visitors as well as protecting the Museum’s collection, staff and visitors against fire, theft and accidents. A high school diploma and a strong customer service background is required. Ability to communicate effectively with a wide variety of people in a variety of situations essential. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand 8-12 hours per day. The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds or more especially in an emergency situation.
Shifts needed: Wednesday / Friday 5:00pm – 9:30pm, Saturday /Sunday 9:30am – 5:30pm
To apply: https://recruiting.ultipro.com/CLE1004CMA/JobBoard/14a13635-e1f1-6802-5aba-82b151e8c57b/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=c9e3c068-2aae-4abd-87c2-bdd2c46b0e98
Night Watch Full time 2nd shift (5:30pm – 1:30am)
The Night Watch Person protects the collection and museum premises against fire, theft, vandalism and other dangers that might result in damage or loss.
• Makes regular scheduled rounds of the buildings, reporting unusual occurrences to the Control Room.
• Watches for and reports irregularities such as damage to art objects, unkept areas requiring the attention of house-keeping, fire hazards, leaking water pipes and security doors.
• Checks for appropriate temperature and humidity levels as indicated by facilities and conservation.
• Observes departing staff, vendors and visitors to guard against theft of museum property; requires door passes from staff members for materials taken from museum premises.
• Responds to alarms in display cases quickly and handles them efficiently; performs duties related to emergency situations within the building and on the premises.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and strong security background is required. State of Ohio College coursework helpful as well as prior first-aid and CPR training. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand 8-12 hours per day. The employee is regularly required to walk, talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and peripheral vision. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To apply for full time 2nd shift: https://recruiting.ultipro.com/CLE1004CMA/JobBoard/14a13635-e1f1-6802-5aba-82b151e8c57b/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=cfc9ba2e-9d02-4168-8df8-020572cfceee