The general manager must have extensive construction general contracting, construction management, project management, program management, cost estimating/budgeting, Pre-Construction, CPM Scheduling, and Site Logistics Planning. General Manager will be responsible for providing tatical leadership for the company by working with the board and other management to establish long-range goals, strategies, plans and policies focused primarily on the overall successful execution and financial performance of the business.
- Plan, develop, organize, implement, direct and evaluate the organization's fiscal function and performance.
- Lead the development of the corporation's plans, programs, and strategic partnerships.
- Oversight authority on the impact of long-range planning, introduction of new programs/strategies and regulatory action.
- Develop credibility for the finance group by providing timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial reports and financial trends in order to assist the Board and relevant stakeholders in performance of their responsibilities.
- Enhance and/or develop, implement and enforce policies and procedures of the organization by way of systems that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the corporation.
- Establish credibility throughout the organization and with the Board as an effective developer of solutions to business challenges.
- Provide technical financial advice and knowledge to others within the financial discipline.
- Improve the budgeting process on a continual basis through education of department managers on financial issues impacting their budgets.
- Provide strategic financial input and leadership on decision making issues affecting the organization (i.e. evaluation of potential alliances, acquisitions, and/or mergers, pension funds and investments).
- Optimize the handling of bank and deposit relationships and initiate appropriate strategies to enhance cash position.
- Develop a reliable cash flow projection process and reporting mechanism, which includes minimum cash threshold to meet operating needs.
- Act as an advisor from the financial perspective on any contracts into which the Corporation may enter.
- Evaluate the finance division structure and team plan for continual improvement of the efficiency and effectiveness of the group as well as providing individuals with professional and personal growth with emphasis on opportunities (where possible) of individuals.
- Communicate, organize, and motivate to maximize cross-functional teamwork and internal cultural atmosphere of the company.
- Set targets and strategies to organically build new business growth and strengthen systems to further achieve our corporate mission and maximize profitability.
- Leadership, Strategic Thinking, Operations and Financial Acumen
- Problem Solving/Analysis and Decision Making
- Financial Management, Budgeting and Forecasting
- Key Performance Metric Implementation and Analysis
- Operations Engineering and Process Management Oversight
- Cross-Functional Team Building and Motivation
- Cost Controls and Avoidance
- Organic Revenue and Profit Growth Strategies
- Business Development Oversight and Risk Mitigation
- Communications architect, Corporate Lead Advocate and Visionary
This position manages the senior management team and is responsible for the performance management and input regarding hiring of senior-level management. More importantly the general manager sets the tone, vision, and leads the cultural establishment of the business. This position must lead and provide supervisory oversight at all levels.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 8-10 years of related industry experience
- Contracts and negotiation experience
- Minimum of 10 years management and supervisory experience related to managing complex teams and executive decision making
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in strategic planning and execution
- Technical experience/understanding of building construction
- Demonstrated track record overseeing business development as evidenced by contributions to organization revenue and growth through direct management
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, entrepreneurial, management, an writing skills required
Preferred Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business management, construction management, or applicable business focus
- Current knowledge of policies, practices, and issues relevant to commercial signage
- Familiarity and experience in contract agreements, and organizational structure and leadership
- Leadership capabilities to facilitate inter/intra company teamwork to achieve business goals while promoting a culture of common purpose
- Demonstrate ability to cost estimate building construction
- Demonstrated ability to envision, craft, and implement pertinent company, subcontractor, and client policies, procedures, contracts and business relationships
- Demonstrated ability to exercise good judgement and communicate effectively, orally and in writing
- Strong business development networks within various construction and architecutal organizations
- Proven contract evaluation, proposal writing and proposal management skills
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Willingness to travel approximately 5% of the time
- Must currently have or can obtain the following construction licenses:
Location/Region: Thousand Oaks, CA