The U.S. Geospatial Intelligence Foundation (USGIF) Board seeks applications for a CEO with vision and a comprehensive understanding of the GEOINT marketplace and technology who will elevate USGIF’s reach and impact to maximize member effectiveness. The CEO will have demonstrable community and tradecraft-building skills to advance our mission. Core candidate attributes will include proven organizational leadership, a member-oriented perspective, strategic foresight, and respected stature in the geospatial field. Non-profit experience is beneficial.
The USGIF CEO reports to the Board of Directors in its capacity to ensure fiduciary and legal compliance of the organization and serves as a non-voting Board member to support shaping and leading the USGIF mission, vision, and strategic direction. Specifically, the CEO will ensure that USGIF’s fiscal, operations, development and fundraising, marketing, human resources, technology, and strategies are effectively managed across the organization. The CEO will have a strong working relationship with the Board by facilitating open communications.
The CEO is the public-facing leader of the USGIF and serves as its primary spokesperson. He or she will have a strong internal presence and work closely with USGIF’s senior leadership team.
The CEO will direct and administer the Corporation’s affairs, initiate and promote programs which serve and advance the USGIF’s mission and objectives. The right individual will be ready to take immediate, hands-on management of the organization.
The successful candidate will be an inspiring, compassionate, strategic, and emotionally intelligent leader who is committed to the success of the Foundation’s members and to the advancement of geospatial education, tradecraft, and community.
The CEO will work to accomplish the following:
- Leverage the success of USGIF events, to include the annual GEOINT Symposium, workshops, networking events, training opportunities, and improve our event offerings to engage broader audiences.
- Advance organizational partnerships to advance the geospatial community’s educational and professional certification needs.
- Develop and expand membership that includes our core defense, intelligence, and homeland security with appropriate extension into adjacent sectors such as public safety, civil agencies, and disaster relief. Engagement with new members in the expanding commercial GEOINT/geospatial industry is an important element of USGIF strategy given the opportunity and mission impact of technology influx into the public sector.
- Develop and expand Foundation’s scholarship and education funds.
- Create approaches that speed the government adoption of relevant technologies to extend the impact and scope of geospatial data applications.
- Ensure the long-term sustainability of the Foundation, promoting a culture of collaboration and staff effectiveness.
The successful candidate will possess qualifications necessary to ensure success in the following management areas:
- Serve as senior spokesperson for the Foundation, employing external communication and public relations skills to extend the visibility, value, and reputation of the organization.
- Develop and execute a prioritized strategy to encompass the technology and program influences on changing mission and markets.
- Work with the COO to develop and execute annual budget and business plans; Work with members, staff, and the Board to ensure delivery of outcomes consistent with the Foundation’s mission, member interests, and market/technology trends.
- Institute innovative programs to leverage and increase membership to advance learning and tradecraft across K-12, collegiate, graduate, and professional training and education.
- Oversee the academic program, interfacing with university leadership and provide oversight guidance to the USGIF scholarship program.
- Collaborate with the Board, staff, and community stakeholders to grow and execute an organizational development and fundraising/grant strategy to generate resources to further the Foundation’s mission.
- Employ sound financial and business judgment, including risk management controls to ensure stability and the integrity of the organization’s finances.
- Manage USGIF staff to successfully execute operational plans, programs, and symposia within budget and timelines; Oversee the administration of staff performance plans, professional development, and assessments including annual performance incentives.
- Ensure the development, maintenance, and integrity of USGIF governance processes, bylaws, and organizational policies and procedures in close coordination with the Board.
- Support the Board and Chairperson in the planning and conduct of USGIF Board Meetings, held at minimum quarterly.
USGIF offers competitive salary and benefits.
Send your confidential expression of interest, letters of recommendation, Curriculum Vitae, and qualifications to CEOapplicant@USGIF.org.