Facilitates and coordinates human research study recruitment and enrollment.
Works closely with study subjects, as well as external and internal stakeholders.
Oversees recruitment and enrollment efforts; thus, may supervise members of the research team (staff and/or students) who are involved in such efforts.
Duties include administrative responsibilities, research, and program outreach and promotion.
The research recruitment coordinator also focuses on the long-term goals of study recruitment/enrollment and plays a key role in its growth and development.Essential Functions:
Adhere to ethical standards, HIPAA Compliance, and maintain strict confidentiality with research participants and personal health information.
2. Strategic community-based recruitment, including but not limited to (1) traveling to and attending community events throughout the state/region in order to meet individuals who fit the study criteria, (2) developing and disseminating study materials, (3) social media account management, (4) scheduling, organizing, and traveling to education sessions with the Principal Investigator.
3. Enroll study participants who meet research criteria.
This involves traveling to scheduled enrollment appointments throughout the state, obtaining informed consent, and collecting medical and family history as well as biological samples (primarily blood) that will be used for laboratory analysis.
4. Develop and maintain communication with study participants; serve as an information resource, as well as track study participants for updates.
5. Liaison for hospital collaborators; responsible for communicating with hospital study coordinators/research nurses, and organizing sample transportation and data transfer.
6. Managing the study database; responsible for data entry, maintenance, and routine back ups.
7. Maintenance of the Gene Machine, the study's recruitment/enrollment bus.
8. Plan, coordinate, schedule, and travel on at least a monthly basis.
This will involve recruitment and enrollment trips on the Gene Machine and keeping appropriate travel logs.
9. Compile genetic research reports for study participants.
10. Submit study protocols and amendments, consent forms, and recruiting materials to the Institutional Review Board for approval with oversight from the Principal Investigator.
11. Facilitate collaboration with study partners and the Alabama Cooperative Extension System to achieve this program's research and outreach aims and meet the needs and interests of Alabama residents.
12. Works closely with Auburn University Office of Development for study fundraising efforts and donor relations.
13. May process laboratory specimens (i.e.
Physical requirements: Requires lifting and carrying up to 30 pounds.
Requires ability to operate a class C vehicle.
Routine deadlines; usually sufficient lead time; variance in work volume seasonal and predictable; priorities can be anticipated; some interruptions are present; involves occasional exposure to demands and pressures from persons other than immediate supervisor.
Please utilize the attachment feature of our online employment site to attach cover letter, resume and any other documentation you would like to add.
Entry into the applicant pool requires a degree in medical technology or related science plus 4 years of experience in medical technology.
Knowledge of medical technology procedures and practices to include analysis and diagnostics is required.
Education is required, no substitutions allowed.
When a candidate has the required education, but lacks the required experience, they may normally apply additional appropriate advanced degree toward the experience requirement, at a rate of one (1) year relevant education per year of required experience.
The candidate selected for this position must be able to meet eligibility requirements to work in the United States at the time the appointment begins and continue working legally for the proposed term of employment.
A commitment to an inclusive and diverse campus environment is required.
Location/Region: Auburn University, AL (36849)