Envision Physician Services is a multispecialty physician group and practice management company. Established in 1953, our organization provides anesthesia, emergency medicine, hospital medicine, radiology, primary/urgent care, surgical services, and women’s and children’s health services to hospitals and health systems nationwide. Sheridan Healthcare, EmCare, Reimbursement Technologies and Emergency Medical Associates have recently joined forces to form Envision Physician Services. As one organization, we now provide a greater scope of service than any other national physician group. Our collective experience from hundreds of local, customized engagements, culture of continuous lean process improvement, and team of experts in the business of healthcare enable us to better solve complex problems and consistently give healthcare organizations confidence in our execution. Our combined organization serves more than 780 healthcare facilities in 48 states and the District of Columbia.
If you are looking for a stable, fast-paced, growing company in the healthcare industry that is committed to innovation, excellence and integrity, then this may be a great next step in the advancement of your career. We currently have exciting opportunityies available for Medical Scribes! POSITION SUMMARY:
Medical scribes include college students interested in medicine who are responsible and mature individuals. These individuals possess integrity, intellect, initiative and the ability to work cooperatively with a wide range of personalities in stressful situations. The scribes work to facilitate patient flow through the department by assisting the physicians with documentation and gathering of information for presentation to the physician. The information collected may be a transcription of the information gathered by the physician or data on past medical and surgical history, medications and allergies, family history of disease, social history (tobacco, alcohol and drug use), and a review of systems (ROS). Additionally, the scribes will track outstanding orders on each patient and present the physician with data as they are returned from x-ray or lab. The scribes will accompany the physician during the patient interview and physical exam. As the physician presents an oral summary of the information obtained from the patient, the scribe transcribes the summary onto paper in a concise, accurate and legible manner. They are to follow the supervising physician’s direction and to work to implement the medical plan.
Responsibilities Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
This scope of practice is to outline and define the functions of medical scribes within the Department of Emergency Medicine. For all patients, the medical scribe, under the direction of the supervising physician, will:
Non-Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Obtain patients past medical history, past surgical history, medications, allergies, family history, social history, and review of systems.
- Obtain detailed documentation by transcribing the information gathered by the physician during the physical exam. Information transcribed should be concise, accurate and legible.
- Check and re-check for results of laboratory and radiographic studies. Present results in a clear and concise manner to the physician. Results should be recorded on the paper record.
- Check on patients throughout their stay in the Emergency Department. Keep the patient informed as to the progress of their work-up. Attend to any comfort measures permitted by the supervising physician.
- Assist in discharging the patient.
- Assist in completion of the medical record.
- Assist nurses during any free time available. This will include fetching blankets and supplies. Scribes are not allowed to convey orders for medications or treatments.
- It is understood that medical scribes shall exercise under appropriate physician supervision as required by Medical Staff and Hospital policies and shall performed within the scope of practice
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Adherence to and compliance with information systems security is everyone’s responsibility. It is the responsibility of every computer user to: Know and follow Information Systems security policies and procedures. Attend Information Systems security training, when offered. Report information systems security problems.
Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications Minimum Qualifications: Education/Licensing/Certification:
High School Diploma or GEDExperience:
Basic knowledge of medical terminology and/or maintenance of medical records.Knowledge and Skills:
Ability to perform multi-tasks and meet deadlines in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.Strong interpersonal and communication skills in interacting with internal and external clients.Strong computer skills in MS office and Windows applications.Must be detail-oriented, be able to work independently, and be able to follow through on problems.Familiarity with office related equipment and procedures with the ability to maintain organized work flow.
If you are ready to join an exciting, progressive company and have a strong work ethic, join our team of experts!
We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package. Envision Physician Services uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.Envision Physician Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Internal ID: 2019-20926
Location/Region: Phoenix, AZ