Auburn University (AU) Professional Flight, located at the Auburn University Regional airport (KAUO), Auburn, AL, is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Assistant Chief Flight Instructor.
Assists the Chief Flight Instructor in leading and supervising the Professional Flight organization in the conduct of pilot courses, which are integral to the Professional Flight degree program.
1. Assists in maintaining safety as a top priority; assures adherence to and maintenance of safety standards during day-to-day operations.
2. Assists in prioritizing the allocation of resources, both personnel and equipment, to maximize the safe, efficient, and effective conduct of all assigned academic courses.
3. Assists in the effective leadership and supervision of the flight instructor cadre, assigned staff, and students to achieve standardized instruction and uniform adherence to established educational goals.
4. Assists in maintaining pilot school documentation and academic records in accordance with Federal Aviation Administration, Veterans Administration and
Auburn University policy and directives.
5. Assists the Chief Flight Instructor in managing the Professional Flight budget.
6. Assists with planning related to equipment acquisition, curriculum development and program strategy.
8. Coordinates as directed with the Federal Aviation Administration Flight 7.
Standards District Office on any matters affecting program certification and regulatory compliance.
9. Coordinates as directed with airport staff on safety and operational issues.
10. Assists in overseeing the maintenance of all assigned Auburn University flight training aircraft.
11. Assists in maintaining full compliance with all associated federal, state, and municipal regulations.
Entry into the applicant pool requires a Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in Management, Aviation, or related field and hold at least an FAA Commercial Pilot with Airplane Single and Multi-Engine Land, and Instrument-Airplane ratings, and a valid FAA Flight Instructor certificate with at least Airplane Single-Engine and Instrument-Airplane ratings.
In addition, qualified applicants must meet FAA requirements for designation as an Assistant Chief Flight Instructor in accordance with 14 CFR Part 141.36.
Must maintain FAA Certification as Flight Instructor-Airplane Multiengine with Instrument Rating.
Must maintain medical certification as required for pilot certifications listed above, and as required to maintain FAA designation as Chief Flight Instructor.
Please utilize the attachment feature of our online employment site and complete the application and attach the following: cover letter outlining your skills as they relate to this position, resume and contact information for at least three (3) professional references.
Only applicants who submit a complete application packet containing all these items will be accepted for review.
A commitment to an inclusive and diverse campus environment is required.
Location/Region: Auburn University, AL (36849)