- Performs basic troubleshooting and diagnosing of equipment malfunctions and failures
- Assists in the rebuilding, repairing and maintaining of equipment and components
- Learns how to plan equipment and component repairs
- Learns how to complete parts orders and identify parts for return
- Maintains all equipment and work areas – keeps in good, clean, and orderly condition
- Completes all documents associated with repairs in a timely manner
- Works safely at all times and adheres to all applicable safety policies; complies with all company policies, procedures, and standards
- Works overtime as required by workload and customers’ needs
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; e.g., ProTech Technician Training Paths
- Performs other duties as assigned
A qualified candidate must have the following skills or abilities:
- Troubleshoot and perform complex repairs correctly in the shop such as pumps, hydraulic, engine, transmissions, HVAC and electrical issues and repairs.
- 1 year of field or shop service tech troubleshooting and repair skills of heavy equipment such as dozers, backhoes, front-end loaders, excavators, etc highly desired.
- Ability to be productive by working efficiently and effectively with a high energy level.
- Ability to work with limited supervision.
- Must have own tools up to 3/4 drive metric and standard.
- Diesel Tech degree highly desired.
- Must have High School Diploma or GED.
- Must have valid and clean drivers' license.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy required.
- Must be a well-organized, thoughtful, and self-motivated person.
- Must be capable of working in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be highly organized and excellent attention to detail.
- Must have excellent attendance and work performance.
- Must self-motivated with a high commitment completing tasks in a timely manner.
How to Apply :
You must apply to our website in order to be considered for employment. The website is: http://www.holtcat.com/careers.
We also provide excellent benefits such as medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401K plan, vacation and holiday pay.
- HOLT CAT (and related entities) is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. It is our practice to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. All employment decisions at HOLT CAT and related entities will be made on merit, qualifications, and abilities.
- It is the policy and commitment of HOLT CAT and related entities to ensure equal opportunity is provided in all employment opportunities and practices, regardless of race, color, religion, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP on our website.
HOLT CAT is the largest Caterpillar® dealership in the United States and one of the leading Caterpillar® dealerships in the world!
HOLT CAT is the authorized Caterpillar® heavy equipment and engine dealer for 118 counties in South, Central, North and East Texas. Established in 1933, HOLT sells, services and rents Cat equipment, engines, generators and trucks for construction, mining, industrial, petroleum and agricultural applications. HOLT sells Caterpillar used equipment worldwide and fabricates its own line of custom engineered products including land management products and water tankers. Additionally, HOLT is a dealer for Link-Belt® Cranes, Trimble® Heavy and Highway construction products and AccuGrade® grade-control systems.
The Holt name has been associated with heavy equipment and Caterpillar for over 100 years. HOLT CAT owners, Peter J. Holt and Corinna Holt Richter are direct descendants of Benjamin Holt, who in 1904 developed the first successful track-type tractor which he named the “Caterpillar.” HOLT CAT has come to be synonymous with quality, integrity and commitment to customer service.
Location/Region: Austin, TX