1. S/he will assume supervisory responsibility for the clinical operations of an assigned clinic.
2. S/he will orient, train and provide clinical supervision to assigned staff.
3. S/he will schedule and facilitate team meetings.
4. S/he will assure that team members adhere to established policies and procedures; providing and documenting corrective action when necessary.
5. S/he will provide direct clinical services, when needed, and adhere to documentation procedures in his/her work.
6. S/he will provide first-level patient grievance hearings; displaying effective conflict resolution and mediation skills.
7. S/he will perform community liaison work when requested by the Program Director.
8. S/he will monitor patient’s and applicant’s urine, oral fluid or breath- analysis collection when required.
9. S/he will assume accountability for provision of timely reports or data, as assigned.
10. S/he will maintain a high level of professional ethics in his/her interactions with staff, patients, and community.
11. S/he will be responsible for scheduling assigned staff for his/her clinic.
12. S/he will inspect patient charts monthly to make sure that they comply with all program policies, accreditation standards and state and federal regulations.
13. S/he develops a positive therapeutic working relationship with patients including modifying interventions to meet the values and expectations of the patients.
14. S/he will consistently demonstrate the ability to utilize best practices in crisis management techniques to effectively intervene, de-escalate and resolve patient crisis.
15. S/he will perform additional duties as assigned.
Connecticut Counseling Centers, Inc. is a not-for-profit corporation that provides a full range of licensed outpatient substance abuse and mental health prevention, education, and treatment services to assist adults in becoming productive members of society.