Cambridge Specialty Company is a progressive OEM Aerospace manufacturing of medium to complex components and assemblies including Flight Safety Parts. We are looking to fill the following position.
Quality Inspector / QC Engineer
Experience / Qualifications
· Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the Aerospace Industry. Experience with Sikorsky, Pratt & Whitney, Bell and Government Agencies would be a plus.
· Must be fluent in blueprint reading and GD&T.
· Must have a working knowledge of material and customer specifications, the ability to interpret requirements and the verification of the requirements. Experience with Flight Safety, ESA & VSE parts is a plus along with experience as a self-release inspector. (DQR or DSQR responsibilities)
· Must be proficient in gaging use, inspection methods and a good background in metrology.
· Must have sound computer skills and good organizational skills.
· Must have good communication skills. A background in customer self-release programs would be a plus and is required for the Final Inspector position.
· Daily in-process and final inspection of components and assemblies.
· CMM operation.
· Receiving of raw material and machined parts.
· Set up of gaging to support manufacturing and calibration.
· Developing and preparing inspection methods plans.
· Preparing FAIs for OEM & USG source inspections.
· Internal audit activities.
· RCCA activities internally and externally.
· Customer Source Inspection.
All Positions at Cambridge Specialty Company require access to information or technology that is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), Export Administration Regulations (EAR) and other US government security regulations. These laws do not permit access rights to non-US Citizens or to other unauthorized individuals. Therefore, presently all applicants must be US Citizens or US Permanent Residents (*green card holders*) and/or otherwise comply with ITAR requirements for access rights to be considered for a position.
Cambridge Specialty Company is a rapidly growing Aerospace Product manufacturer. We are a recognized leader and a 1st tier supplier for various OEM’s in the Rotorcraft, Fixed Wing and Jet Engine segments of the Aerospace Industry. We are located in Berlin CT. We specialize in the manufacturing of tight tolerance medium to complex aerospace components and assemblies including Flight Critical and Flight Safety Parts. We are AS9100D / ISO9001:2015 certified and are an approved Flight Safety and Flight Critical Supplier for many of our customers.
We offer the following:
• Clean, Professional and Friendly Work environment.
• Modern 35,500 SF Air-conditioned Facility.
• Very Competitive Health & Benefit Package
• Company matched Simple IRA.
• Opportunities for advancement.