Learning Specialist- Part time
The learning specialist works with students, both directly and indirectly, to provide academic support to students who are falling behind or struggling academically.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
● Oversight, development and enforcement of student accommodation plans based on diagnosed learning disabilities.
● Works with students, teachers and other faculty to create strategies that promote a greater chance of academic success.
● Implements intervention and advising strategies for teachers and students alike.
● Assists teachers with preparing students for curricular assessments and standardized testing.
● Establishes positive relationships between students, teachers, parents, principal, and others in order to ensure a collaborative effort.
● Oversight and implementation of diagnostic testing utilized by the school.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
● Demonstrates the ability to work with children of all ages who are dealing with various learning troubles.
● Possesses excellent teaching skills and the ability to intervene when children fall behind their peers academically.
● Exhibits outstanding organization and time management skills for managing a large workload.
● Displays highly effective communication skills geared to various age groups.
● Is able to work well independently and with limited supervision. ● Possesses the ability to make decisions based on factual evidence and observation.
● Demonstrates the ability to use multiple techniques to help students develop study, learning and testing skills.
● Supportive of the mission of Catholic education.
Education and Experience:
● At least a Bachelor’s degree in education from an accredited college, (Master’s degree preferred) in a relevant field.
● Possess, or willing to work toward, a teaching license in his or her state of employment as well as certification in special education.
● Experience working one-on-one and in small groups with students with learning disabilities or who struggle academically.
Hours and Compensation:
This position is scheduled for 20 hours per week with the possibility of increased hours as the programs grows. Compensation is competitive with similar positions as like schools.
Location/Region: Taylors, SC