Carolina Canners supplies its stockholders and neighboring bottlers with the highest of quality soft drinks from a very modern production center located in Cheraw, SC. Carolina Canners has expanded many times and now has 2 can production lines, 2 bottle production lines, and a fountain syrup production line producing numerous brands, flavors, and packages of water, fruit juice drinks, tea, energy drinks and carbonated and non- carbonated soft drinks.
Carolina Canners, Inc. is seeking a full-time experienced Maintenance Electrician/ Mechanic to join our team in Cheraw, SC . This position will be responsible for troubleshooting, repairing, and performing preventative maintenance on high speed machinery. 2nd or 3rd shift position.
- Analyze, maintain and repair, as needed and required, all facility equipment.
- Perform electrical troubleshooting skills and repair of production machines.
- Perform all applicable maintenance duties, including but not limited to electrical and mechanical troubleshooting and inspection of all facility equipment.
- Assemble, install, replace, modify, adjust and maintain all production and facility equipment as needed.
- Analyze all available mechanical data to detect, diagnose and correct machine errors, defects and malfunctions.
- Maintain records of service cycles and other maintenance activities conducted.
- Four years of general maintenance and repair experience; OR any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Vocational School Graduate preferred, but comparable skills and experience also considered.
- An ideal candidate would have a degree in the electrical field.
- Experience working with PLC’s, controls, conveyors, production equipment up to 460VAC and preventative maintenance work.
- General knowledge of machines and tools, including designs, uses, repair and maintenance, and general mechanical and electrical aptitude and knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology.
- Ability to manage time and complete all tasks assigned by the supervisor.
- Effective communication and problem solving skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
Extensive benefit package including medical/dental/vision, matching 401 (k), profit sharing, and company paid life/disability plans.
Carolina Canners is an Equal Opportunity Employer.