Corizon Health is the pioneer provider of correctional healthcare in the United States.
We are a company built on more than 40 years of innovation and expertise in the industry.
Our people, our practices, and our commitment to success are the traits that make us the ideal employer as you begin or continue to advance your correctional healthcare career.
Under supervision of the Site Medical Director, Corizon Health Physicians are an integral part of the medical team. Physicians are expected to take a leading role in delivery of healthcare services to our patients as well as responsibility for the supervision of the Physician Assistants and Nurse Practitioners.
1. Visits the infirmary daily and documents encounters in patient's Medical Record as assigned. Ensures Medical Record documentation is in SOAP format, problem oriented and corresponds to the therapeutic order. Ensures all documentation is timed, legible and signed. Ensures all verbal or telephone orders are countersigned within seventy-two (72) hours.
2. Adheres to approved formulary for therapeutic regimens before utilizing non-formulary procedure. Documents pertinent observations and logical conclusions to validate need for non-formulary medication on non-formulary request form for Medical Director's approval when non-formulary medication is ordered.
3. Utilizes available in-house resource personnel for treatment or resolution of identified problems before utilizing off-site referral. Provides emergency treatment on-site and responds appropriately in urgent or emergency situations.
4. Demonstrates proper technique for cardiopulmonary resuscitation and related drug therapy.
5. Serves as a resource to other professional or non-professional personnel providing instructions as needed.
1. Fully licensed to practice medicine in the state of employment.
2. Current DEA (Drug Enforcement Agency) registration
Board-certified or board eligible in primary care specialty (family practice, internal medicine, surgery) required
Current CPR (Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation) certification
1. 5 Weeks Paid Time Off
2. No weekends or evenings
3. Minimal on-call
4. No overhead
5. Medical & Dental
6. Company matched retirement plan
7. Continuing Medical Education allowance
Corizon Health provides patients with high quality healthcare and reentry services that will reduce recidivism and better the communities where we live and work. We are dedicated to meeting the needs of the growing number of incarcerated persons with physical and mental illness and the professionals who
Background check, security clearance, and drug screening required.
Location/Region: Frostproof, FL, US