The Associate Director of Enterprise Systems identifies, organizes, and tracks the full array of projects and tasks related to application development, database administration, middle tier administration, web development, and data governance across our enterprise systems.
Oversees Business Analytics, Data Modelers, and Web Application development ensuring communication and collaboration is maintained with our customers.
Works with the Director and other units to develop and maintain policies, standards, and guidelines to ensure that a consistent framework is applied across the department, and that technical, architectural, and cloud best practices are adopted.
Interfaces with Project Management and Quality Assurance to ensure timely delivery of quality applications.
In the absence of the Director, the Associate Director is the leader of the Enterprise Systems department within the Office of Information Technology.
This position will advise and counsel software developers, systems administrators, database administrators, data architects, campus constituents, departmental IT staff, OIT directors, information security officers, executive and senior leaders, and the Chief Information Officer.
Duties may include but are not limited to:
1. Directs highly complex technical design, implementation, maintenance, system administration, and support for multiple areas reporting to a central IT director.
2. Establishes collaboration with Institutional Research, DBAs, and subject matter experts to build a data governance framework and maintain an enterprise data dictionary and data warehouse.
3. Establishes short and long-range operational goals and objectives for unit; provides advice and recommendations to IT senior leadership in the development, implementation, and evaluation of new or modified operating policies, practices and procedures within the specified functional area of focus; ensures compliance and establishes strategies for risk mitigation and contingency planning.
4. Provides administrators and other client representatives with information technology support services, including on-site departmental consulting; coordinates outreach efforts; communicates strategic project schedules, specific status updates for major projects and technical support/enhancements of departmental applications.
5. Works with outside vendors, senior OIT leadership, governance committees, research personnel, faculty, student groups, campus IT staff, external higher education consortia and others across campus serving as the principal point expert within specified areas of focus to ensure smooth transitions, deployment, and operational processes.
6. Manages and/or provides day-to-day leadership to managers and other staff members of the Enterprise Systems group; explains overall departmental direction to staff and assesses staff contributions to that direction.
Supervises Business Analysts, Data Modelers, and Campus Web Services (CWS).
Leads the department in the absence of the director.
Entry into the applicant pool requires a Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Business Administration, Computer Engineering, or relevant field; plus 6 years of experience and comprehensive applied knowledge and expertise in one or more of the following: project management and planning at the enterprise level, data governance, management and/or administration, financial budgeting, academic support systems, and/or enterprise system application development including at least two years in a supervisory capacity.
Specialized skills required include: Strong organizational skills, written communications, interpersonal negotiation and problem solving.
Ability to develop and deliver presentations, gather and analyze statistical data and generate reports.
Demonstrable ability to mentor, coach, and build synergy is required.
Please utilize the attachment feature of our online employment system and attach the following: cover letter, resume, and references.
Only complete applications will be considered.
Auburn University is an EEO/Vet/Disability Employer and committed to building an inclusive and diverse community.
Auburn residents overwhelmingly rate the city as a great place to live, work and raise children, but don't just take their word for it.
Forbes has consistently ranked Auburn on its lists for Best Places to Retire and Best Small Places for Business and Careers.
Auburn City Schools have consistently been ranked among the top public school systems in the state and nation.
Auburn University is committed to providing a comprehensive employee benefits package that attracts and retains talent to further the University's mission and contributes to the personal and financial well-being of employees and their families.
Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Care, Cancer Insurance, Life Insurance/Personal Accident Coverage, Disability Group & Supplemental Plans, Flexible Spending Account Plan, and Mandatory and Voluntary Retirement Plans, Auburn University Federal Credit Union, Bookstore Discounts, Tiger Perks discounts on dining, shopping and entertainment, Travel Assistance (Domestic and International), and Educational Improvements for Employees and Dependents.
Location/Region: Auburn University, AL (36849)