CLS SITE MANAGER
The Maintenance Controller is a key member of the OCONUS CLS team reporting to the CLS Site Manager and is critical to ensuring coordination of scheduled maintenance to maximize fully mission capable aircraft availability. Responsible for planning and scheduling the availability and maintenance of aircraft, engines, parts, support equipment, and any other associated equipment to ensure scheduled maintenance can be performed on time. Must work collaboratively with all maintenance and flight operations to organize and direct company resources to execute daily aircraft maintenance efforts.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Typical duties include the following, although specific duties vary by assignment or contract.
1. Understand, adhere, and demonstrate to the company’s commitment to QUALITY and SAFETY!
2. Plans and schedules the availability and maintenance of aircraft, engines, AGE, and associated equipment
3. Establishes maintenance schedules to provide required FMC rates to support the IqAF daily flight schedules
4. Works with Maintenance Manager to report FMC calculations for all aircraft for monthly status reports
5. Develops weekly/monthly/semi-annual/annual and long-range plans for aircraft and engine maintenance to support the daily flying schedules
6. Forecasts TBO changes and scheduled inspection intervals, monitors scheduling effectiveness against the FMC rate, and maintains airframe and engine logbooks
7. Prepares inspection packages and schedules all jobs for TBO changes, CSTO and aircraft/engine inspections
8. Monitors the CSTO Program and ensures time change components are ordered
9. Reviews on a quarterly basis the CSTO status in the Schedules document reviews
10. Conducts and attends scheduling meetings as required by Management
11. Understand and apply commercial, FAA, FAR, DFARS and U.S Air Force T-6 maintenance requirements to contract efforts
12. Collect, plan and collate future workload requirements for inclusion in the following month's Maintenance Management Plan
13. Apply scheduling skills to aircraft quality, safety and performance requirements to deliver safe, reliable aircraft to pilots in the appropriate numbers and at the appropriate times for each flight day
14. May occasionally perform special projects or other duties as assigned.
1. Extensive knowledge military aviation contracts
2. Exceptional organization and planning skills
3. Previous experience with aircraft parts and maintenance planning
4. Ability to read and accurately interpret engineering drawings, including, but not limited to: customer Bills of Materials, specifications and tolerances;
5. Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and Power Point); Knowledge in Microsoft Access and Microsoft Project is helpful, but not required;
6. Well-developed verbal and written communication, collaboration, and time management skills
7. Knowledge of T-6A applicable support equipment and maintenance requirements
8. Understand/use techniques for effective control of quality, cost, and scheduling
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing systems and fax/scanner machines. Occasionally may work in austere, hostile conditions implementing new programs
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Depending on needs overtime may be required, particularly during preparation for special activities.
Required Education and Experience
1. Associates degree in an aviation related field
2. 8+ years of experience in an aircraft maintenance environment
3. 5+ years of experience in a maintenance planning or leadership role preferred
Preferred Education and Experience
1. Bachelor’s degree in a business or aviation related field
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Spartan Air Academy Iraq, LLC provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.