The Produce Merchandising Support person is responsible for giving the Produce Teams the boost they need to have excellent execution, for the day, in all areas of the department. They will work with the VP of Produce to set merchandising standards in all of the Plum Market locations to ensure consistency from store to store for our Guests. They will create and maintain schematics, while working with the Teams individually on product placement and departmental ownership. In addition, the Produce Merchandising Support person must model exceptional Guest Service while in the stores and be able to provide supportive coaching to all Team Members.
- Ability to model and provide exceptional Guest Service.
- Must have a love of natural, organic and local produce.
- Must have vast produce product knowledge and a working knowledge of the produce industry.
- Ability to lead by example and set clear expectations.
- Must be a quick learner, able to multi-task and change direction easily.
- Able to oversee and train Produce Team Leaders and Team Members.
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong organizational skills.
- Must have extensive knowledge working with Microsoft office.
- Ability to work a variety of shifts including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to travel occasionally to all locations.
- Stand and walk for up to 4 hours without a break.
- 2 years successful Produce purchasing/management or applicable experience.
- Work with the produce team (support and leadership) to set the merchandising standard for all Plum Market locations in order to provide consistency.
- Must create and maintain schematics for each area of the department.
- Work with the Team to merchandise for each special cycle to ensure the proper blend of margin within the department.
- Create a weekly retail focus to cycle through the department and to keep everything fresh.
- Audit quality, signs and merchandising first thing on each store visit.
- Check in and out with Store Leadership to make sure all issues are covered with Produce Leadership as well as the Store shift Leader on duty.
- Review the Produce and Produce Prep schedules to provide feedback to the team, determine if hiring needs are being met, and to pass on critical feedback to the Director.
- Walk the terminal once weekly to make sure that Plum Market has every quality item that is available in the Detroit market.
- Supervise resets and new equipment installation.
- Participate and provide feedback in the interview process for potential Produce Team Leaders.
- Execute the Training/Flight Plans for key produce Team Members and Team Leaders.
- Provide input/feedback on the overall produce program to the Produce Support Team.
- Work with team to develop and refine our training programs.
- Medical and Dental Plans
- Paid Vacations
- 401k Option
- 20% Team Member Discount
- 50% Shift Meal Discount
Employment is contingent on a successful background check.
See what our Team Members have to say about working at Plum Market:
Location/Region: Farmington Hills, MI