Cornerstone Environmental, Health and Safety, Inc. is seeking an experienced, highly motivated Air Programs Manager to provide team leadership, regulatory expertise and business development support for our Clean Air Act Compliance program area.
Headquartered in Zionsville (on the Northwest side of Indianapolis), Cornerstone is a mature company in its 23rd year of operation. We specialize in assisting industrial and manufacturing clients throughout North America, Europe and Asia with environmental and safety regulatory compliance requirements as well as sustainability services and quality system development and implementation.
- Manage daily operations of Air Program department (supervise and mentor team members)
- Oversee management and delivery of all Air Program projects to meet or exceed client expectations as well as internal goals established by Cornerstone management
- Collaborate with Director of Environmental Services to drive continual improvement activities, ensure quality objectives are achieved, and increase department productivity / efficiency
- Analyze Air Program operational metrics and financial performance of business unit
- Consult with clients on air quality compliance and permitting issues, including regulatory analyses of complex industrial operations; major and minor source air permit applications, and state-level regulations
- Work with clients on timing and strategy of production and control equipment installation
- Extensive experience in preparation and submittal of air permit applications as well as negotiating permit conditions with regulatory agencies
- Experience in project management related to stack testing / performance testing
- Work with agencies to negotiate acceptable conditions related to enforcement actions and ensure the client’s best interests are represented
Requirements (must have):
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in engineering or a scientific field is required
- 10+ years background in air permitting and compliance (consulting experience in the focus areas above is a strong plus)
- Able to audit various manufacturing operations to determine air compliance status
- High degree of computer literacy; proven proficiency in learning and using software (Outlook, Word, Excel, Salesforce and other mission critical applications)
- Excellent organizational skills, and a goal-oriented approach to task completion
- Experience interacting with governmental agencies, at the state and Federal level
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
- Working knowledge of state and federal for other environmental regulations, and the ability to research and understand environmental regulations and apply them to client situations
- Air modeling experience is a plus
Cornerstone offers an excellent benefits package including:
- Competitive compensation (which is commensurate with experience)
- Health and dental insurance
- 401k program available
- Minimal travel (with overnight travel being the exception)
Please note: this position does not include selling as a part of its responsibilities since Cornerstone has a separate, dedicated sales staff.
Qualified individuals with an interest in joining a fast-paced, growing organization may forward resumes in confidence for consideration.
About this company
Cornerstone provides enterprise environmental and safety compliance solutions to the regulated community throughout North America, Europe and Asia. Core competencies include environmental regulatory compliance services, worker safety, quality systems and custom software solutions. Additionally, as part of our commitment to ensure our clients receive the highest level of services, our Quality Management System is certified to ISO 9001:2015.
Location/Region: Zionsville, IN