Avion Solutions Inc., an employee owned company, is seeking candidates for a Programmer to support the data analysis function using currently developed analysis tools to summarize data extracted. This position is based in Huntsville, AL.
• Design, develop, document, test and debug application software and systems that support the development of these data analysis tools and system.
• Conduct multidisciplinary research and collaborate with Government project lead and senior developer in the planning, design, development, and utilization of electronic data processing systems for product and commercial software.
• Assist in running routine data analysis and developing tools to enhance and streamline the process.
• Assist in developing product requirements for future upgrades and be part of the project team implementing those roadmaps.
• Understand and implement a structured software development process.
• Understand and support the software Verification and Validation process.
• Participate in the set-up, software modification, system integration and testing, and implementation of projects.
• Perform troubleshooting and problem diagnosis, correct discrepancies, develop user and maintenance documentation, evaluate system performance and provide user assistance.
• Bachelor’s Degree in computer engineering/science, MIS, or related field and 5-10 years of experience in basic statistical analysis and some familiarization with Excel or Minitab statistical functions.
• 5-10 years of experience in software design for web-based programs and desktop applications
• 5-10 years of experience with databases as a developer.
• Must be familiar with graphic user interface designs and concepts.
• Ability to interpret functional specifications as they relate to software.
• Must be a US Citizen and have/able to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret Security Clearance.
• Must be able to travel a maximum of 25% of the time. US travel only.
Highly Preferred Qualifications:
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Excellent software troubleshooting skills and experience.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
• Experience with Microsoft Excel and it’s Visual Basic Macros building, T-SQL Stored Procedures, C# (C Sharp), Microsoft Access, Classic asp, AJAX, jQuery, Multi-tier (n-tier) architecture such as 3-tier.
Equal Opportunity: Avion Solutions, Inc. reaffirms its belief in equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment. Avion Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and a VEVRAA governed Federal Contractor who affords equal employment opportunity to protected veterans and people with disabilities. Avion Solutions, Inc. provides all employees and job applicants’ equal employment opportunities in hiring and promotion without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, religion, color, veteran status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, national origin or any other reason prohibited by law.
Location/Region: Huntsville, AL