About Operations Apprenticeship Programme:
Apprentices are some of the brightest minds in our impressively talented team. To maintain that real time activity around the world, across investment, corporate and retail banking, you need smooth-running, constantly improving systems behind the scenes. Payments need to be processed. Credit card systems need to be maintained. Trades, equity transactions, debt financing – you name it – it has to be effective and swiftly processed so our customers and clients receive excellent service, every time. That essential work, encompassing absolutely everything we do, is down to the Operations team.
There’ll be on-the-job training where you’ll learn through valuable hands-on experience. You also have wide-ranging support from a line manager, career coach and a technical buddy, as well as a network of peers. Wherever you’re based, you’ll find the spirit of teamwork and a highly collaborative community.
Overall purpose of role:Apprenticeship purpose and responsibilities may vary dependent on the role they have been allocated. Apprentices follow a clear development route over 2-year Apprenticeship programme during which time they will develop skills, knowledge and experience relevant to their specific role and will be able to learn more about organization.
What will you be doing?
- Completion of all in-team training requirements and attendance at all sessions allocated by Apprenticeship Team.
- Completion of all individual objectives agreed with Line Manager within timescales
- Delivery of work which encompasses technical/team learning
- Ensure adherence to Barclay’s policies, standards and controls
- Prompt response to meet the business needs for changes
- Effective liaison with peers & stakeholders
- Building and maintaining an understanding of the various stages of Operations and processes
- Ensure that they actively participate in their own development and contribute to ensuring that their understanding of Operations is current in line with their job description;
- Operate within and contribute towards the success of their team ensuring that the overall capability of the team is leveraged;
- Maximize the use of relevant toolsets
Each individuals’ specific stakeholder management skills may differ per team. However, each candidate will:
- Articulate concepts in day-to-day situations or in presentations to audiences at all levels.
- Clearly define the purpose of formal discussions (e.g. via one-on-ones, group meetings).
- Responds quickly and thoroughly to questions by providing information appropriately.
- Presents information in a clear, concise, easily understood manner.
- Recognizes those who need or could benefit from information and shares it accordingly.
- High School Diploma
What we’re looking for:
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Commitment to a 2-year development programme
- Motivated and enthusiastic behavior
- Interest in Operations
- Good communication skills
Where will you be working?
On the Henderson campus, we pride ourselves on our inclusive culture focused on celebrating the diversity of all of our colleagues! Barclays Henderson provides many opportunities to get involved and give back to our local community. On campus you’ll find a full-service café; recreational rooms complete with snacks, ping-pong and foosball tables; plus, free parking.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals. It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility, then please discuss this with us.
Location/Region: Searchlight, NV