About Franchise Elevator When you join the Franchise Elevator team, you're not just working at another PR firm - you're becoming a part of the nation's powerful franchising industry.
Because of our parent company’s 28-year history representing hundreds of restaurant, retail, fitness & wellness and home services franchise brands, we are highly regarded as THE industry experts in PR for emerging franchise brands.
With franchises on every corner, new brands consistently entering the marketplace and competition for franchisees and customers increasing, the need for Franchise Elevator’s services will always be in high demand.
We are seeking PR Specialists and Media Relations Coordinators who crave meaningful, creative work and thrive in a collaborative team environment.
Our mission goes beyond simply securing placements.
The feature stories that Franchise Elevator PR generates across all types of media inspires entrepreneurs to open their own business, and leads to growth of emerging new franchise brands.
In addition to this gratifying work, our team enjoys an upbeat, fun culture.
Sure, we work hard and do important work at a fast pace to exceed our clients expectations every day.
But we also believe that a fun, positive environment contributes to productivity and results.
Our staff-member social co-chairs help bring fun into the office with staff outings, surprise treats and celebrations and activities designed to increase bonding and collaboration among the team.
Franchise Elevator employees split their work week between our Chicago office in the River North neighborhood and our main office in Northbrook, IL.
We are currently expanding our team with "media hound" candidates who can effectively pitch traditional print, online and broadcast media, as well as bloggers and social influencers.
The ideal candidate will also be a strong writer and be creative to come up with creative ways for our clients to break through the clutter.
An average day includes researching and pitching traditional media and social influencers, writing pitches, press releases, team brainstorming, participating in client update calls, completing activity reports and helping with client presentations.
Desired Skills and Experience
* Must be an effective, confident communicator – willing to speak up at meetings (client or internal team meetings), ability to hold their own in conversations with all kinds of media
* Must possess extremely proficient writing skills and have a firm grasp of AP style
* Must consume the media on a daily basis and be up-to-speed on current events
* Must understand various social media channels and how they are utilized for PR
* Must be able to differentiate needs of print/broadcast/online media (bloggers, journalists & reviewers) and know how to approach them accordingly
* Must have the willingness and ability to think beyond traditional PR tactics and strategies to design/execute innovative approaches
* Must work well in a team environment * Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university
Some agency setting related experience and/or training preferred
**Please note that sending a Cover Letter along with your Resume is preferred.
Location/Region: Chicago, IL (60654)