PLANT CONSTRUCTION COMPANY, L.P.
Plant Construction Company, L.P. has been successful for over 70 years as a General Contractor in the San Francisco Bay Area specializing in Education, Hotel, Residential, Historic Renovation and Redevelopment Projects. We would like to add an experienced Project Manager to our team to work within the established culture and guidelines of the Company.
Position Title: Project Manager
Reports To: Construction Manager
Supervises: Subcontractors, Superintendents and Field Personnel
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Participate in pre-construction activities as needed
- Act as liaison with the client, architect, consultants and the Department of Building Inspection
- Interface with site supervisors; look for and implement innovative construction methods
- Prepare and maintain project schedules
- Prepare project documents– client change orders, subcontracts, subcontractor change orders, meeting minutes, letters, memorandums, notices, etc.
- Coordinating with onsite contractors in planning and coordinating the stages of connecting new systems with existing utility systems
- Control and monitor subcontractors and monitor their performance
- Manage cost changes, track legitimate change orders requests, compile fair pricing for work and forecast financial results accurately
- Review and expedite submittals and materials, as well as monitor critical material items and deliveries
- Maintain quality control and production efficiency
- Maintain immediate and direct responsibility for production phases of the project; resolve production problems
- Oversee that jobsite safety procedures are being followed
- Provide feedback on production costs to the Estimating Department
- Develop and lead the market research execution plan for product design alternatives that fit project budget and design intent.
- Create the design/procurement execution plans that fulfill contractual project scope obligations and provide potential cost saving design and energy efficient solutions based on current sub tier (supplier, manufacturer) market trends
- Establish project protocols and develop plans to organize and communicate product literature, O&M manuals, RFI’s and submittals associated with design clarification and product substitutions to all design stakeholders on the project
- Create the BIM execution plans aligned cohesively with design documents, subcontractor design-build trades and constructability constraints
Objectives or Goals to Measure Performance:
- Profitable, on-time completion of projects
- Promotion of positive image of the company
- Timely submittal of proposals
- Customer / Client satisfaction
- Positive team attitude
- Adherence to company policy and procedure manual
- Personal professional growth and education
Minimum Skills or Experience Requirements:
- Four-year college degree, in Construction Management, Engineering or Architecture is required, Advanced degree or training favored
- Experience in AutoCAD for schematic design and presentations
- Experience with MS Project or Primavera preferred
- Experience with Sage Timberline Estimating and Project Management or Procore preferred
- Proficient use of MS Office required
- Five years construction-related experience preferred
- Excellent English language verbal and written communication skills and effective interpersonal skills
Plant Construction Company L.P. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, offers a highly competitive salary and benefits package and has an excellent record of employee retention. We promote professional development and career advancement opportunities.
Qualified candidates should email a cover letter and resume with the words "Project Manager" in the subject line.
Location/Region: San Francisco, CA