Fence install installer/laborer. You will work as part of a fence installation crew to help install all types and styles of fencing, railing and guardrail.
DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES
· Be able to take orders from direct supervisors. Show up on time and be ready to work.
· Follow all safety procedures, on and off Southington Rustic Fence property and be aware of the safety of your surrounding co-workers.
· Possess the ability to work in fast paced, hands-on, detailed-oriented environment and to always project a professional image.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS OF THE JOB
Digging, driving, lifting, raking, mixing concrete, operating jackhammers, skid steers, core drills. operation of hand tools and other equipment required in the normal performance of duties. Perform appropriate truck, trailer and equipment inspections for operation when required; document and communicate issues as needed. Any other duties ask to be performed by superiors. Tolerance of all-weather conditions (heat, cold, rain, snow, etc) Ability to lift up to 80 lbs.
· High School Diploma/GED
· Valid Driver’s License
· Current Medical Card to obtain within 60 days
· OSHA 10 or ability to obtain within 60 days
· Some construction experience is preferred
· Fully understanding the project plan before fieldwork begins.
· Working with crew members to make certain they understand the project, their individual roles, and the timeline for completion.
· Proficient with fence construction machinery (skid loaders, jackhammers, demo saws etc).
· Responsible for hauling machinery with trucks and trailers.
· Ability to make decisions within reason and following the design specifications, communicating to designs on site issues that may arise.
· Ability to comprehend site drawings and their execution.
· Ensuring the site had been appropriately approved and marked for digging by CBYD
· Effectively troubleshooting problems and issues in a timely manner as they arise.
· Accountability for the cleanliness and order of the work site, trailer, and equipment & notifying management of any necessary repairs and or maintenance.
· Performing daily equipment inspections.
· Contributing to the overall success of Southington Rustic Fence and your co-workers through cooperative teamwork.
· Minimum of 3 years of related experience in the landscape construction industry – both commercial and residential
· Driver license and driver medical card (to obtain within 60 days).
· OSHA 10-hour Certification Card (within 90 days of assuming position).
· Experience in general construction.
· Strong working knowledge of landscaping machinery, equipment and tools.
· Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills positively impacting teams and clients.
· Strong oral and written communication skills.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced, action-oriented environment.
· Highly organized and detail-oriented, yet flexible to adjust to changing demands.
· Projects a positive and professional image.
· Client service oriented and able to provide explanation and adjust to the needs of the client.