The Lane Construction Corporation is a leading U.S. construction company specializing in the transportation, infrastructure and energy industries. Lane’s unique combination of capabilities includes public-private partnerships/innovative financing and joint ventures; large, complex design-build and bid-build projects; and the ability to produce and install asphalt, aggregates and concrete.
Including but not limited to:
- Help define the marketplace and the opportunities by helping understand current plans and current and prospective horizontal construction needs that can help lead to revenue-generation opportunities
- Maintain Salesforce.com with appropriate opportunities and keep tool updated on all aspects of pursuit.
- Help optimize proposals by providing learning and insight into the customer (and, as appropriate, the partners we are involved with) to help make our proposals as effective as possible.
- Support various aspects of the proposal development effort
- Creating outlines, building templates, proofreading, preparing review drafts and final editions, scheduling meetings and tracking the completion of assignments
- Maintain database for proposal resources including project profiles, resumes, photos, and general company narratives including safety, environmental, quality management, project management, schedule, public involvement, and community relations
- Research will include gathering and sorting source and background materials and consulting with subject matter experts to clarify details of source materials
- Carry out job duties while maintaining Lane values.
- And other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Business, Marketing, or related
- 3-5 years business development or proposal writing experience or related
- Must have above average skills in Excel, PowerPoint, Salesforce, and SharePoint
- Able to understand complex concepts and complex processes and thrive/succeed in competitive environment
- MBA or PE preferred
- Ability to follow work processes, maintain close attention to detail, and meet schedules under deadline
- Strong communication skills, starting with ability to listen to and understand customer needs
Lane Construction offers a comprehensive benefits package with an excellent opportunity to grow and be part of one of the most respected names in the construction industry. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. Lane is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
Location/Region: Cheshire, CT