SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
LAUNCH PAD TECHNICIAN
- Perform daily scheduled preventative maintenance or repairs of launch critical systems and components
- Provide feedback to leadership and engineering about launch pad systems and components
- Troubleshoot issues found during maintenance inspections of fluid and mechanical systems
- Follow standard practices and procedures needed to perform daily tasks
- Operate heavy machinery including forklifts and aerial platforms
- Work with a team of technicians to ensure every system is maintained with the highest level of quality to support 100% successful launch of a multi-million dollar launch vehicle
- Assist other technicians during launches with vehicle roll out, launch procedures, and post launch securing
- Assist fluids technicians during post launch pad refurbishments and modifications
- High school diploma, or GED equivalent
- 1+ years of experience working with high pressure pneumatic and hydraulic systems
- 3+ years of experience using power tools in a professional capacity
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Associate degree in aerospace technology or equivalent area of study
- Previous professional experience working at a rocket launch facility and supporting launch campaigns
- Previous professional experience maintaining and troubleshooting complex fluid and mechanical systems.
- Ability to read, understand and follow detailed schematics, drawings, and instructions
- Ability to utilize precision measuring instruments
- Knowledge of different fittings such as natural pipe thread (NPT)
- Intermediate skill level using Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Power Point, Outlook)
- Ability to rapidly change roles/responsibilities while working in a high-paced, challenging work environment
- Ability to work at elevated heights
- Candidate must be willing to work various shift schedules and overtime.
- Physical effort including standing, lifting and carrying moderately heavy materials or equipment (15 to 50 lbs.)
- Typically exposed to work in extreme outdoor environments – heat, cold, rain
- Work occasionally performed in an environment requiring exposure to fumes, odors, and noise
- Ability to pass Air Force background check for Cape Canaveral
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.
Location/Region: Cape Canaveral, FL