(4741 – IT – Applications Developer - Sr)
(Job# 2019 - 00623)
- This position is in the Information Technology Department.
Salary Grade: 60
We are seeking a highly technical and systems-focused software developer to serve in the role of Application Developer - Senior for the Pima County Information Technology Department (ITD). In applying for this position, pay particular attention to the description that follows and to the Minimum and Preferred Qualifications at the end of this posting, addressing each qualification in your application. This role involves developing and providing ongoing support to systems encompassing all aspects of Pima County operations both internal and public facing. This person will operate across various software engineering disciplines including but not limited to UI, middle-tier services, process automation and database development. They will also be responsible for testing and documenting both sustaining and new development efforts. We offer an opportunity to utilize your skills, grow new ones, work in a team environment and advance your career in a rewarding domain. You bring enthusiasm, professionalism and a desire to get better every day, as well as to make a difference in your community by supporting the mission of Pima County Government.
- A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college, university or technical trade school with a major in computer science, computer engineering, management information systems (MIS), or a closely related field as determined by the appointing authority at the time of recruitment and two years work experience in software development and maintenance. OR:
- An Associate's degree from an accredited college, university or technical trade school with a major in computer science, computer engineering, management information systems (MIS), or a closely related field as determined by the appointing authority at the time of recruitment and four years of work experience in software development and maintenance.
- (Additional relevant work experience and/or education from an accredited college, university or technical trade school may be substituted.)
Qualifying education and experience must be clearly documented in the "Education" and "Work Experience" sections of the application. Do not substitute a resume for your application or write "see resume" on your application.
Preferred Qualifications (Be specific in describing your experience in your application. Ensure the descriptions provided illustrate your competencies, specifically addressing the required and preferred qualifications.):
- Experience refactoring and reengineering solutions to accommodate evolving technologies and business needs.
- Experience with software testing methodologies and tools including functional, unit, system, integration and performance testing.
- Familiarity/experience with agile practices such as Scrum and Kanban.
- A resume is required.
Pima County Human Resources Department reserves the right to admit to the selection process only those candidates that meet the minimum/desired qualifications. All applications will be assessed based on an evaluation of the listed education and experience. Candidates meeting the minimum/desired qualifications may be further evaluated/scored against any advertised Preferred Qualifications. The hiring authority will interview and select the successful candidate from a referral list provided by Human Resources. Additional assessments/testing may be required as part of the selection process.
Licenses and Certificates: Some positions may require appropriate licenses or certifications at time of appointment or within a specified timeframe, e.g., Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS). Valid driver license is required at time of application. Valid AZ driver license is required at time of appointment. The successful applicant will be subject to a 39-month DOT Motor Vehicle Record review to determine applicant's suitability to operate county vehicles in accordance with Pima County administrative procedures. Failure to obtain and maintain the required licenses and certifications shall be grounds for termination. Any offer of employment resulting from this recruitment is contingent upon Fleet Services' review and approval of the candidate's driving record.
Special Notice Items: Some positions may require satisfactory completion of a personal background investigation, polygraph examination and/or pre-/post appointment drug-testing by law enforcement agencies due to the need for access to law enforcement, corrections or court facilities, property and associated confidential and sensitive information, documents, communications and data base systems.
Physical/Sensory Requirements: Some positions require lifting equipment, climbing, working on towers, elevated or below grade platforms. All positions require the ability to identify industry standard color-coding of electrical wiring and components. Other physical and sensory abilities will be determined by position.
Friday, 7/26/2019 11:59 PM Arizona Time.
When applying to this position, please note the Job Number is 2019 - 00623.
About this company
The Human Resources Department partners with clients to recruit and retain a highly committed, highly competent, and results-oriented workforce by leading Pima County in the acquisition, maintenance, development and measurement of its human assets and by providing various employment-related services and activities. Services include: Recruitment and Selection, Classification and Compensation, E-Verify®, Personnel Records, Employment Rights, ADA Administration, FMLA Administration, Employee Benefits and Wellness, Management Training, Performance Management, HIPAA / Privacy Practices and Federal, State and local labor reporting.
Location/Region: TUCSON, AZ