Heavy Equipment Rental Account Manager
About the Company Sonsray Inc. is privately owned and ran by an independent sole President. From the borders of Mexico to Canada we cover, Arizona, California, Nevada, Oregon and Washington making us the largest Thermo King and CASE Construction Equipment Distributor on the West Coast operating in a dealership business model.
Our Sonsray team is a growing dynamic company with over 400 employees and 23 combined locations for new & used sales, parts, service and rentals that offers a unique environment fostering individual growth and rewards performance.
Sonsray, Inc. features state of the art shops equipped with modern diagnostic tools providing our staff with proper technology for their day-to-day business operations.
As we continue to grow, our Sonsray Rental division is seeking Heavy Equipment Rental Account Managers to help us grow our Rental Division in Sacramento, CA.
This role is an outside sales position focusing on rental equipment and reports directly to the VP of Rental Equipment.
Qualifications and Responsibilities The Rental Account Manager will focus on growing the rental of the entire line of CASE construction equipment, including loader/backhoes, excavators, motor graders, wheel loaders, vibratory compaction rollers, crawler dozers, skid steer loaders, compact track loaders, loader tool carriers and rough-terrain forklifts.
The customer base will mainly be Contractors, Utilities, Corporations, Commercial, and Industrial organizations within the Sonsray Machinery dealer territory.
* The Rental Account Manager will be responsible for growing relationships with new and existing customers within an assigned geographic territory.
* Must have the ability to think creatively so as to provide smart solutions to customers.
* Will be responsible for attaining a satisfactory sales volume and gross profit margin while maintaining accurate marketing information through CRM system.
* Develop and organize strategies for achieving goals and exceeding quota in rentals and sales of equipment.
* Must efficiently manage their territory daily and grow revenue by visiting customers on jobsites and offices.
* Ideal candidate will be intuitive and able to identify customers’ needs along with having the ability to think creatively to provide smart solutions to customers.
* The Rental Account Manager must visit prospects on jobsites and in offices, identify customers’ needs, assess their interests, and explain the products and options available.
* Must be self-motivated, highly organized, and have an exceptional work ethic.
* A successful Rental Account Manager must have the ability to work effectively in a fast pace environment and display a sense of urgency.
Must be keenly aware of market conditions, including the fleet mix and pricing of local competitors.
* Must be adaptable, flexible and able to carry out additional duties and responsibilities as assigned by management due to operational needs.
* Perform miscellaneous related duties as required and assigned by manager.
Job requirements: * 2+ years’ experience renting heavy construction machinery.
* 2+ years’ experience in outside sales.
* Four year college degree in Business/Marketing preferred but not required.
* Prospect and develop new customers. * Grow new and existing customer rental opportunities.
* Use CRM to manage customer visits. * Work with inside sales to secure customers rental needs.
* Manage customers AR account. * Possessing excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Ability to develop business relationships with customers and Sonsray employees.
* Must be a self-motivated and a driven individual.
* Computer literacy, MS Office proficient, and CRM Systems.Benefits:
Benefits package includes competitive base salary plus commission, company vehicle/fuel card or mileage reimbursement, cell phone, laptop, 401k matching, HMO/PPO medical, dental, and vision plan, life insurance, vacation, sick and holiday pay.