JOB DESCRIPTION OVERVIEW:
This position is responsible for the management of database administrator and systems. This position interfaces with all teams across the corporate structure in matters that relate to the installation, configuration and maintenance of data base servers for the enterprise network. They oversee the development and implementation of database security policies and procedures. They insure mitigation of vulnerabilities. The oversee server configurations to support enterprise-wide communications between local and remote data management and web servers. They have a working knowledge of the systems their team supports and can serve as technical leadership for their team. Performs administrative duties in relationship to the management of their direct reports.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ideal candidate is one that is hands-on 50% of the time, leading people 40%, vision 10%
- Manage personnel and processes related to Installs, configures and maintains data management servers and related software including Oracle, SQLServer, and Kronos.
- Manage team in relationship to disaster recovery and high availability.
- Manage Scrum meetings, sprint boards and assist with operational intake prioritization
- Participate in Change Advisory Board meetings
- Monitors and tunes servers for optimum performance.
- Manage both physical and virtual database environments
- Maintains system security and develops procedures for the creation, update and removal of user accounts. Lead in the development and maintains a network based security structure to secure data for the authorized system users, both local and remote.
- Evaluates data management security vulnerabilities and develops associated risk mitigation plans.
- Provides technical leadership to User Support and applications development as necessary to remedy problems with desktop and server configurations.
- Lead technical staff offshore resources
Location/Region: Knoxville, TN