The Kitchen Manager is responsible for all kitchen functions, including but not limited to food purchasing, receiving, preparation and maintenance of appropriate food cost, quality standards, safety, sanitation and cleanliness. The KM is also responsible for presenting the highest quality food to our guests while working in cooperation with the FOH. The kitchen manager reports to the restaurant manager.
Ensure that all equipment is kept clean and kept in excellent working condition
Make employment and termination decisions including interviewing, hiring, evaluating and disciplining kitchen personnel as appropriate.
Prepare all required paperwork, including forms, reports and schedules in an organized and timely manner.
Schedule labor as required by anticipated business activity while ensuring that all positions are staffed when and as needed and labor cost objectives are met.
Be knowledgeable of restaurant policies regarding personnel and administer prompt, fair and consistent corrective action for any and all violations of company policies, rules and procedures.
Oversee the training of kitchen personnel in safe operation of all kitchen equipment and utensils. Responsible for training kitchen personnel in cleanliness and sanitation practices.
Responsible for maintaining appropriate cleaning schedules for kitchen floors, mats, walls, hoods, other equipment and food storage areas.
* A minimum of 5 years of experience in varied kitchen positions including food preparation, line cook, fry cook and expediter.
* Strong leadership skills.
* Possess strong organizational and decision-making skills.
* Work well in fast-paced setting.
* At least two years experience in a similar capacity.
* Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively.
* FOH experience a plus.
* Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 50 pounds.
* Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time.