Corizon Health is the pioneer provider of correctional healthcare in the United States.
We are a company built on more than 40 years of innovation and expertise in the industry.
Our people, our practices, and our commitment to success are the traits that make us the ideal employer as you begin or continue to advance your correctional healthcare career.
We have an exceptional opportunity for a part tiem Dental Assistant (2 - 10 hours days 7:00am - 5:30pm.) to join our healthcare team at Lexington-Fayette County Correctional Center located in Lexington, KY.
Responsibilities of the Corizon Health Dental Assistant
Under direct supervision, the Dental Assistant performs non-professional work assisting the dentist with patient care, instruments, supplies and records.
- Prepares operatory with appropriate instruments and material for the patients scheduled to be seen.
- Assists dentist during treatment, providing instruments, material retraction or suction. Sterilizes instruments and disinfects operatory between patients.
- Schedules patients for dental appointments.
- Performs laboratory procedures such as mixing impression material for dentures and assists in the clinical procedures of prosthetic dentistry.
- Develops and mounts routine radiographs. Assists in maintaining dental charts, records dental findings.
- Follows security regulations for keys, sharps and controlled medications. Adheres to safety and security policies and participates in disaster drills.
- Adheres to Universal Precautions and other appropriate infection control practices.
- Inventories and orders supplies to maintain proper levels.
Qualifications of the Corizon Health Dental Assistant
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of one year dental assistant experience required.
- Must have current CPR certification.
- Subject to initial and ongoing security clearance requirements.
This position may require a background check, security clearance, and/or drug screening.
Location/Region: Nicholasville, KY