American International College is a private, coeducational institution of higher education located on a 70+ acre campus in Springfield, Massachusetts. The campus has 42 buildings on two sites approximately 1/2 mile apart with a total of approximately 660,000 gross square feet. Included in the inventory of buildings are student residences for a resident population of 900 students. Founded in 1885, the College has 3700 graduate and undergraduate students. AIC offers a variety of undergraduate and graduate programs through the Schools of Business, Arts and Sciences; Health Sciences; and Education. The mission of the College is to transform student lives through career focused learning, with a strong foundation in the liberal arts, a commitment to serving the community, and a high level of involvement in the global economy.
AIC strives to create a diverse and inclusive campus community that is representative, at all job levels, of the students we serve. We are an EEO employer and we welcome applications from individuals for positions where they are underrepresented.
- Monitor SQL, SSIS, SSAS, and SSMS daily activities, troubleshoot root cause analysis and resolutions with the Database and Integration teams. Work with other IT staff to create and test error and exceptions processing.
- Assist with evaluation of data processing for integration with current systems, data needed for data warehouse/reporting and stored/documented in data dictionaries. Participate with integration team to build and maintain data bridges between systems.
- Monitor SQL databases for proper performance. Work with IT Network Infrastructure team on server configuration and optimization.
- Assist with software systems updates/upgrades, testing, scheduling, communications and system performance with staff
- Create complex SQL queries that allow data to be extracted efficiently, while maintaining a high-level of data security and data integrity.
- Cross train and learn processes to backup others in Database Systems Group. Assist with oversight of student and employee processing through all systems.
- Other duties as assigned
- Required Degree(s): Associate Degree
- Preferred Degree(s): Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology
- Required Field of Expertise: TSQL, MS SSIS, MS SSAS, MS SSMS, Job scheduling systems, Microsoft SQL 2012/2014/2016 and Windows.
- Required Training/Cert: Experience with Major Higher Education information systems, training (i.e.: Banner, Datatel, Jenzabar) and implementation.
- Understand how databases and data are structured and the types of tables and fields often found in Higher Ed ERP systems
- Work independently on programming and other related tasks. Learn new technologies as they become available.
- Able to speak to IT personnel about database specifics, and also communicate effectively with end users.
This is a full time, exempt level, benefit eligible position. Normal office hours are Monday through Friday, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm, flexible to the needs of the department. Occasional evening or weekend event work required for upgrades.
Qualified applicants should save and submit a brief cover letter, current resume, and contact information for three professional references (one of which must be a current or prior supervisor) as one document. Upload the saved document into the online application.
Location/Region: Springfield, MA