The Body Shop Painter Prep will help assist in refinishing parts, primed and prepped vehicles in accordance with factory and dealership quality specifications and time standards.
* Operates and uses all body shop equipment properly and safely
* Removes rust from metal, and grease and dirt from work surface
* Masks and protects parts that are not to be painted or coated
* Fills cavities and dents with putty to attain smooth surface
* Mixes paint according to specifications
* Selects and mixes coating liquid to produce desired color
* Paints surface using sprayer or brush as appropriate
* Inspects painted units for quality of workmanship, noting any runs, sags, and unpainted areas
* Maintains tools and keep equipment clean and in a proper state of repair
* Keeps work area clean
* Maintains and wears all required safety and health personal protective equipment, including respirator, in a manner recommended by the equipment manufacturer
* Complies with all laws and regulations pertaining to paint, thinners, and other hazardous materials
* Reports any deviations to management
* Cooperates and assists other personnel in the repair and prepping of vehicles
* Understands, keeps abreast of, and complies with federal, state, and local regulations that affect body shop operations, such as hazardous waste disposal (OSHA)
* Communicates and adheres to Injury Prevention (IP) standards
* At least 1-2 years of experience in the Automotive industry
* Excellent communication skills
* Maintain a clean, safe team oriented environment
* Self-starter and work without supervision
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
* Repair is mostly performed indoors where noise from hammers and air tools is prevalent. All PPE rules must be followed.
* Must have a valid driver’s license and be eligible for coverage under Toyota of Orlando’s insurance policy
* Satisfactory completion of a criminal background check
* Ability to effectively communicate with others
* Ability to read and understand instructions, written estimates and work orders
* Organization and multi-tasking skills, good time management and adapts easily to a fast-paced environment
* Occasionally exposed to hot, cold, wet or humid conditions
* Must be able to lift up to 25-50 pounds
In return for your invaluable knowledge, skills, talent and ambition, Toyota of Orlando offers competitive salaries and benefits.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation.
Toyota of Orlando is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Location/Region: Orlando, FL (32811)