Avis Budget Group is an action-packed, high-energy workplace. We are a global leader in the travel services industry operating two of the most recognized brands in the vehicle rental business. We are a customer-led, service-driven organization that offers an enthusiastic, family-friendly and collaborative work environment where you can expect to be developed, recognized and rewarded for a job well done. If you want to GO somewhere in your career, Avis Budget Group is the place to be.
As an Oil and Tire Technician, you will perform preventative maintenance on our auto rental fleet vehicles such as oil, fluid, and tire changes, repairs and rotations. Depending on your technical expertise, you may be assigned other basic repairs. You may also be asked to assist our more experienced auto mechanics with more complicated repairs. This is an excellent learning opportunity for someone looking to expand upon their natural automotive or mechanical abilities.
At Avis Budget Group, we know your success is our success. We will provide you training and guidance as you move forward in your career to include a number of educational ASE certification opportunities that will develop your skills and prepare you for advancement.
Responsibilities and essential job functions include, but are not limited to:
- Perform preventative maintenance on our auto rental fleet vehicles such as oil, fluid, and tire changes and rotations.
- New car (PDI) and de-fleet prep.
- Ensure safe work environment and processes in and around our shops as well as follow all established safety procedures.
- Ensure all maintenance and repair work is completed properly and in accordance with company’s policies as well as manufacturer’s standards.
- Accurately and descriptively complete Repair Orders within electronic time management system.
- Properly maintain necessary equipment and tools.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Automotive Fleet Maintenance Manager or shop lead.
Basic Qualifications/ Minimum Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of 6 months of automotive maintenance experience or recent auto tech school degree preferred.
- Proven mechanical aptitude and skill set in car maintenance required.
- Ability to accurately document repairs.
- Ability to work flexible schedule to include nights and weekends.
- Valid driver's license and a good driving record.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Competitive pay
- Medical, Dental, Vision & 401K
- Full training to learn the business and enhance your professional skills
- ASE certification reimbursement
- Paid vacations, car rental discounts & much more!
If you're motivated and dependable with a proven track record of success in a customer care environment, then we can put your career on the map.
IT'S EXCITING being on the fast track to career success. Get your GO on!
Drug screening is a part of our hiring process.
Avis Budget is an EO employer – M/F/Vets/Disabled
The information listed in this advertisement describes the general nature and level of this position only. Essential functions and responsibilities may change as business needs require. Your response to this ad may result in your being considered for employment with an affiliated company of Avis Budget Group, the publicly traded parent company of Avis Budget Car Rental, LLC and its subsidiaries.
This advertisement does not constitute a promise or guarantee of employment.