Why Choose Community Care? * Earn top wages within the home care industry
* Our coordinators continuously work hard to keep you on the job
* Caring coordinators advocate on your behalf to keep you working on types of home care cases you enjoy
* You are your own boss - choose the home care cases that suit your lifestyle, schedule, and skills
* Flexible Shifts * Options to work in a private home care setting or in a facility
* Mentorship Program Job Summary
The Home Health Aide is trained to provide home management, personal care and health related tasks to patients and families experiencing recent episodic or chronic health care problems.
The Home Health Aide works under the supervision of an RN or LPN.
Responsibilities * Assist as assigned with activities of daily living such as bathing, grooming, toileting and elimination, and adequate nutritional intake.
* Assist as assigned with ambulation, transfers and/or range of motion exercises.
* Maintain a clean, safe and healthy client environment.
* Assist client as assigned with incidental activities of daily living such as shopping, meal preparation, socialization activities, homemaking and medication reminders.
* Utilize basic infection control measures
* Read and record client temperature, pulse, and respiration when assigned.
* Recognize and document changes in client condition and safety and report to supervisor.
* Organize self to carry out visits/shifts and tasks.
* Attend mandatory in-services. * Provide requested documents to keep employee file current.
* Complete other assignments as requested and assigned.
Minimum Education & Experience Requirements:
* Attend training required by state and federal law and regulation.
* Preferred 6 months experience in the field; will take no experience and train.
* Must have your NYS HHA certification Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
* Meets applicable health requirements to provide client services.
* Able to multi-task * Able to read, and interpret technical instructions related to providing services of the client and use equipment required in providing service.
Community Care is committed to the enhancement of a work environment that values and benefits from the diverse community of all its team members.
In our daily practice we promote an open environment accepting of all people regardless of race, age, gender, ethnicity, political affiliations, creed, national origin, sexual orientation, or disability.
Our efforts are guided by the core values of respect, patience, open mindedness, and ethical practice to ensure a productive work relationship in a diverse setting.
We strive to have in place policies that promote cultural competency with a focus on the dynamic cultural changes in the wider society.
Location/Region: West Harrison, NY (10604)