Sr. Database Developer/Analyst
On quarterly and monthly business cycles, manage the data import and processing for multiple commercial real-estate databases. Work directly with CBRE Economic Advisors' market forecasting teams to provide required inputs to forecasting processes and answer data-related inquiries. Under the supervision of the Team Lead, design new and upgrade existing databases and processes. Support forecasting specialists with technical and analytical insights, ad hoc reports and context for aggregate sets. Identify areas of inefficiencies in product process and assist in the automation or streamlining of existing workflows. Utilize geo-spatial software to maintain and enhance location-related data, provide mapping support for development projects and analysis of datasets and trends via mapping features.
Assume responsibility for the maintenance of multiple internal commercial real estate databases. This includes monthly and quarterly data import, data cleansing and normalization, aggregations and statistical calculations, and geospatial/location analysis. Design new and enhance existing databases and processes on an ongoing basis under the supervision of the team Lead.
Environments: MS SQL Server 2016, MS Office Applications and Technologies, T-SQL, ODBC Database Connectivity, Visual Studio, SSIS and SSRS.
Work directly with CBRE EAâs forecasting team to provide specified input data to forecasting processes. Assist the forecasting team with data inquiries and forecasting processes. Provide occasional client support for detailed data-related questions. Provide additional insights and analysis that speaks to the veracity of the datasets.
Environments: MS SQL Server 2016 MS Office, WinRATs, Stata
Assist CBRE EAâs product development/production and QC teams in the timely release of cyclical data products including: update of end-user databases in the CBRE-EA data warehouse, concise communications regarding data availability and status, fulfilling data inquiries from the production and QC teams, and responding to data structure/definition questions. Provide support to CBRE-EAâs Strategy Services and Marketing departments with data inquiries and detailed custom data requests. Provide infrastructure for ongoing reporting in SSRS/SSIS.
Environments: MS SQL Server 2016, MS Office Applications and Technologies
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelorâs degree (or higher) in Computer Science or related field or similar work experience.
- Technical Requirements:
- Structured Query Language (SQL)
- Database connectivity using ODBC or OLEDB
- Database design fundamentals (Visio / ER Design Studio)
- Microsoft Office proficiency (particularly Excel)
- T-SQL Stored Procedures
- Experience with Python a plus
- Experience with SSIS/SSRS a plus
- Experience with SSAS a plus
- Experience with geo-spatial software a plus
- Familiarity with Visual Studio a plus
- Strong mathematical ability
- Strong analytical skills coupled with an attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to accept and adhere to CBRE database conventions and structures
- Ability to implement complex data processing methodologies
- Willingness to continue educational experience and growth in the workplace
- Ability to work in a team, taking direction from a Team Lead, essential
- Typically, has 3 - 5 years of relevant work experience
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
Women/Minorities/Persons with Disabilities/US Veterans
Location/Region: Boston, MA