Employer name: Benito Valley Farms Inc.
Employment address: 8100 Frazier Lake Rd., Hollister, CA 95023
Job title: Agricultural Chemist – Full Time
Education requirement: Bachelor’s degree in chemistry or biology
- Conduct surveys on targeted lands to provide information or recommendations regarding the best solution to improve soil fertility and ways in which the land can be best utilized to promote plant growth.
- Perform chemical analyses of the available raw material to determine the chemical mineralogical levels to develop new methods or improve existing formulas to create fertilizer and pesticides for controlling or eliminating weeds, crop diseases, or insect pests.
- Conduct experiments to improve quality of field crops, focusing on characteristics such as yield, pesticides residue, disease resistance, nutritional value, or adaptation to specific soils or chemicals.
- Conduct research and constantly monitor raw material quality for nutrient base and the need to change formulas for improving pest control or disease prevention, enhancing the soil composition.
- Monitor the application, conduct surveys and report to supervisors as to the results of the agriculture chemicals.
- Work with third party vendors to coordinate procurement, formulation and mixing of agriculture chemicals.
Please mail your resume to: Benito Valley Farms Inc., 8100 Frazier Lake Rd., Hollister, CA 95023